• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
    Lateralthinking1

I had an ancestor in the 1840s who lived in Strutton Ground, but I don't think he sold razor blades, in any case they hadn't been invented then.
    I like to slip in these bits of irrelevant historical information, it improves the tone, I always say.
    Well that one managed to scrape through amid the cut-throat competition

Comment

• Anna

It seems Clarkson has done it again. His Top Gear in India has provoked an official complaint from the Indian High Commission, this was followed by his remarks about the inhabitants of the Isle of Sheppey upsetting residents there. I don't watch Top Gear, have no interest in it but what is of interest is that Clarkson's salary combined with tie-ins to the BBC amounts to £2.14 million, ok some of that is sale of dvds and other merchandise but the BBC did get rid of Ross and Brand, are they just hanging on to Clarkson for the revenue he generates? I guess they are. I like to think in real life he's probably quite a nice man and only does it to get a reaction, but I'm afraid I can't.
      Jeremy Clarkson, the Top Gear presenter, may have been described by the chairman of the BBC Trust as a “leading cultural export”, but his latest foray abroad risks causing a diplomatic incident.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        but the BBC did get rid of Ross and Brand, are they just hanging on to Clarkson for the revenue he generates?
        The same reason the Conservatives keep David Cameron on, following his "Calm down dear", and yesterday's comment regarding Ed Balls, "Rather like sitting opposite somebody with Turets Syndrome"?

Comment

Working...
        X