X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stillhomewardbound
    • Nov 2010

Lawrence trial

This Lawrence trial was causing concern because the defence has so far been able to make a case for evidence contamination.

Indeed, it looked likely that they could not have been convicted, not even on probability.

However, this could well be the turning point:

A bloodstain found on a jacket belonging to one of the men accused of murdering Stephen Lawrence was caused when the blood was fresh, the Old Bailey heard today.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
    This Lawrence trial was causing concern because the defence has so far been able to make a case for evidence contamination.

Indeed, it looked likely that they could not have been convicted, not even on probability.

However, this could well be the turning point:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...was-fresh.html
    Of course, this murder took place only a couple of miles from where you live, SHB. Friends I have made who were born and have lived all their lives in the Eltham area tell me it has come to resemble Arkansas in the 1950s. Such a shame - visually it is an attractive sort of locale.

I too think any possible conviction hangs on a thread; on the other hand, surely the prosecution wouldn't have proceeded unless they thought they had a pretty strong case?

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
      • Nov 2010

Yes, but the prosecution have been able to suggest at probable cross-contamination. They only have to cast the tiniest bit of doubt on the prosecution case to make a conviction unlikely.

This latest testimony makes the firm assertion that one of the blood stains could only have been caused by wet blood, putting at least one of the accused at the scene of the crime.

The great shame of it is that there are many utterly decent people in the likes of Eltham and Welling.

Comment

Working...
      X