Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• PatrickOD

Sounds like a case for......... David Nunn!

Comment

• hackneyvi

A looped advert for Andrew Landsley tells sick men, women and children that their care "really matters" to him.

Who but Andrew Landsley could possibly imagine that anyone gives a flying fudge what he feels about them?

What an utter, utter arse.

Comment

• johnb
          • Mar 2007

This is unbelievable.

I am appalled that the NHS has allowed this to happen.

Comment

• hackneyvi

I've emailed Andrew Lansley at the Dept of Health to ask him if he's simple. I'll let you know what he says.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
              • Nov 2010

Does anybody remember when Richard Ingrams was at risk of going to prison because of a law suit against Private Eye. He remarked that the one terror he felt at the prospect of going to prison was the risk that he might be visited by Lord Longford!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

According to the reports, he mentions Hospedia in his broadcast - the company that provides the tv service at a cost to patients - saying: "I hope it’s part of making your stay as comfortable as we can possibly make it". What he doesn't mention is that Hospedia announced last month that it has partnered with GE Capital to put in place funding to underpin the rapid growth of the business.

"Working in conjunction with many NHS trusts, Hospedia has already installed over 7,000 new terminals at the bedside that are capable of not only providing a high quality media experience for the patient, but also enable the hospital to easily access their own IT systems, optimise workflow through applications like food ordering and real-time patient feedback – all whilst providing a significantly better patient experience. These new "smart terminals" include a 15" touch screen and optional extras including RFID and barcode scanners to support the increasing use of technology in healthcare".

Hospedia was acquired by the US private equity firm Marlin Equity Partners in August 2010. One might wonder whether either GE Capital or Marlin Equity Partners are associated in any way with party political donations.

The interview on the Today programme this morning was the worst I have heard on that programme in 40 odd years. The light hearted, giggly, approach they took to the matter was an utter disgrace. Hearing the same message being repeated twelve times an hour on tens of flickering screens in a ward must feel like torture for people who are seriously ill. It sounds like absolute hell.
                Last edited by Guest; 23-11-11, 00:19.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                  According to the reports, he mentions Hospedia in his broadcast - the company that provides the tv service at a cost to patients - saying: "I hope it’s part of making your stay as comfortable as we can possibly make it". What he doesn't mention is that Hospedia announced last month that it has partnered with GE Capital to put in place funding to underpin the rapid growth of the business.

"Working in conjunction with many NHS trusts, Hospedia has already installed over 7,000 new terminals at the bedside that are capable of not only providing a high quality media experience for the patient, but also enable the hospital to easily access their own IT systems, optimise workflow through applications like food ordering and real-time patient feedback – all whilst providing a significantly better patient experience. These new "smart terminals" include a 15" touch screen and optional extras including RFID and barcode scanners to support the increasing use of technology in healthcare".

Hospedia was acquired by the US private equity firm Marlin Equity Partners in August 2010. One might wonder whether either GE Capital or Marlin Equity Partners are associated in any way with party political donations.

The interview on the Today programme this morning was the worst I have heard on that programme in 40 odd years. The light hearted, giggly, approach they took to the matter was an utter disgrace. Hearing the same message being repeated twelve times an hour on tens of flickering screens in a ward must feel like torture for people who are seriously ill. It sounds like absolute hell.
                  All part of the privatisation of the NHS which seems all but a done deal now.

Should Andrew Lansley be personally giving a company therein involved - leave aside any company - this publicity?

Should Andrew Lansley even BE???

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Quite. I also have a vision now of a ward in which five people are on mobile phones, two have radios, there are another three playing games with sound effects on computers, a couple are watching television but different stations, there are friends and families dotted around, and Lansley is everywhere else.

I have to say that I'm the kind of person who feels quite ill when I'm in the hi-fi section of a Department store. Too many screens and too many different sounds. And whenever friends have gone into amusement arcades, I've had to say "sorry, I will wait for you outside". One or two things is ok - concerts are no problem at all - but being trapped in for weeks with all of that multimedia sensory overload would be dire beyond belief.

It is supposed to be a hospital, not an adult playground. Along with all of the other reasons to oppose it, is this another case of a Government denying that there is anything called vulnerability? Imagine being there with something like epilepsy or awaiting open heart surgery. I hope I have this wrong but if not it has got to stop!

Comment

• handsomefortune

it should be clement attlee, if anybody, on the monitor .....

perhaps a monitor should be requested, if they're needed specifically? seems like a bit of a waste of cash though .....priority being health care surely.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                        it should be clement attlee, if anybody, on the monitor .....

perhaps a monitor should be requested, if they're needed specifically? seems like a bit of a waste of cash though .....priority being health care surely.
                        Too late for Clement Attlee, handsome - cryogenics had yet to be invented.

He wouldn't want to come back. What was that film of Woody Allen....?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

I believe that Walt Disney was frozen scientifically in readiness for resurrection. He needn't have bothered. Disneyland is flourishing everywhere you look.

Comment

• scottycelt

Well you can say what you like about Andy Landslide, or whatever his ******* name is, but he has single-handedly forced the members of this Forum into complete unanimity.

For that alone he deserves our utter contempt and derision ...

Comment

• handsomefortune

[B]He wouldn't want to come back.[B][
                              who could blame him for that, with andrew landsley gurning out of luxury IT equipment at unsuspecting patients?

Comment

• mangerton
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                                No, the only priority for this benighted govt is making money for their cronies in the banks and big business. The rest of us can go to hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X