X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lateralthinking1
    • Jun 2024

Ghastly

I'd have to forego hospital treatment. I would get an Asbo for what I'd do with it -

Health Secretary Andrew Lansley defends a welcome message played on a continuous loop in hospitals in which he tells patients their care "really matters to me".
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

When I was in hospital I turned the sodding screen to the wall and got someone to bring me CDs of Messiaen's piano music and some ear defending headphones

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

It is a bit like Fred West telling the frail and the vulnerable every five minutes to remember that the local church flower arrangers are extraordinarily good people.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
        I'd have to forego hospital treatment. I would get an Asbo for what I'd do with it -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15833704
        Truly appalling. All this and the prospect of getting MRSA too

Comment

• Mahlerei

And we can't even 'get away from it all', as Thomas Cook is on the verge of collapse.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

I heard this story on Today. I thought it was some wind-up.

Comment

• handsomefortune

perhaps the chaos of threatened institutions might just put the threat of murderous individuals into a new perspective on occasion - so yes, comparitively fred seems 'nice' (especially as he's no threat now).

meanwhile, being 'grateful to nurses', which andy apparently thought of, and recommends, hints that patients could do a lot more for themselves? maybe perform our own operations? of course, sending dear andy a donation, (a vital organ or two + cash) may 'help the nhs'? he can start a 'not for profit ha ha' org, just like his greedy, dishonest colleagues do.

i wonder what landsley's apparently been keeping secret ...and whether all will be revealed this week?

i'd operate on andy, i'm dead generous like that, even though i haven't got a clue what i'm doing medically! but when has amatuer status ever stopped landsley's continuing violation of the nhs? not for a nano second.

Comment

• scottycelt

It's modern management for you whether political or corporate, public or private.

That patronising, insincere guff would be enough for me to completely lose the will to live if I were ever unfortunate enough to find myself in dock.

Don't these apparently brain-dead politicians and managers ever get the message ... ?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                  i'd operate on andy, i'm dead generous like that, even though i haven't got a clue what i'm doing medically! but when has amatuer status ever stopped landsley's continuing violation of the nhs? not for a nano second.
                  That would lend new meaning to "cuts in the NHS"...

Comment

• Frances_iom
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                    Don't these apparently brain-dead politicians and managers ever get the message .
                    not whilst enough sheeple vote for them or buy the latest junk - mind you junk food salesmen can land up in charge of BBC R3
                    Last edited by Frances_iom; 22-11-11, 14:06.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Mahlerei View Post
                      And we can't even 'get away from it all', as Thomas Cook is on the verge of collapse.
                      Yes, and only a couple of weeks ago it's own managers, apparently, had been reporting 'really good trading' ... ?

Comment

• handsomefortune

the manager was perhaps quoting his pension and bankrupcy renumerations?

Comment

• mangerton
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                          Don't these apparently brain-dead politicians and managers ever get the message ... ?
                          I heard this Lansley nonsense on "Today" this morning. I also heard about this:

The bigger parties should get state funding worth £3-per-vote at Westminster elections but see restrictions on individual and trade union donations, an independent inquiry says.

Sir Christopher Kelly, Chairman of The Committee for Standards in Public Life (we could certainly do with some!) thinks it would be a Good Thing for taxpayers to contribute compulsorily to political parties.

Another haud-me-back idea.

So, no, scotty, these brain-dead politicians and managers never get the message. You could not make it up.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                            the manager was perhaps quoting his pension and bankrupcy renumerations?

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Laughter, the best medecine

'The former Labour health secretary Alan Milburn joked that Mr Lansley's hospital appearance was his "secret weapon" to cut hospital waiting lists.'

"Mark suffered major injuries to his brain and he was blind for four months after Hillsborough. He was in hospitals for several months and received visits from the Prince and Princess of Wales, as well as Margaret Thatcher. The day that the Prime Minister arrived at his bedside was a surreal experience. Mark recalled: “She said: ‘Is there anything I can do for you?’ and I thought it was someone joking or I was dreaming, so I said: ‘Give the people of Liverpool more jobs!’… and then they cut me off the camera!

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                              X