Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mandryka

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Your evidence for this sweeping comment, Mandy?

She's a "full-time early years educator" so this is probably true, sadly.

Again probably true. Poor people shouldn't live in Croydon.

Again your evidence? Where in the report does it state the couple's income at the time of the child's conception?

Yes they do; it's called democracy. AND the main point of the article is that the family live on the doorstep of a suitable school. Even the half-wit MP concedes this by writing "to the executive director for children, young people and learners [at Croydon Council] to raise Mr Johnson's concerns."

... or maybe he can use it seek employment so that he can come closer to the standards of living you deem more suitable for child-rearing?

Have you thought of standing for Parliament, Mandy?
    Yes, I'll admit the 'full facts' of the case are missing: but I do get slightly irked with the way stories like this are reported, with the Dad as the simplistic 'good guy' against the wicked old (Tory) MP.

Really, though, there is very little point in complaing about the state of the world if you live in an inpenetrably Tory constintuency like Weybridge or Worthing or Croydon Nicepart.....as you're always going to be outnumbered. Better therefore to relocate to somewhere less upmarket, where your concerns might get a fairer hearing?

I don't think people have an automatic 'right' to have children: merely the fact that you'll be a supposedly loving, suitable parent isn't enough - you need to be able to provide for your childen as well and for that, you need some form of security - very hard to come by these days, but there are plenty of things this man could be doing other than bad-mouthing his MP to the press (and you admit that the MP did do all that he could to support the daughter's case).

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I'm still more inclined than not to think that a certain party has perpetrated a classic 'AA' wind-up and certain other parties have possibly not recognized it for what it is..... good Friday-evening fun, though!

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
        I'm still more inclined than not to think that a certain party has perpetrated a classic 'AA' wind-up and certain other parties have possibly not recognized it for what it is..... good Friday-evening fun, though!
        Oh.

you mean?

Comment

Working...
        X