• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

It's Bubbles I feel sorry for

Comment

• Norfolk Born

It's Anna from 'Downton Abbey' I feel sorry for.

Comment

• Stunsworth
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
        It's Anna from 'Downton Abbey' I feel sorry for.
        I stopped caring several episodes ago.
        Steve

Comment

• Ferretfancy
          • Nov 2010

Stunsworth

Why have the reviewers all got it in for Bates ? OK, he's a bit glum, but surely the old wound must trouble him. Meanwhile elsewhere Stape met his end like Little Nell, truly the higher lunacy is in control, and three cheers for it !

Comment

• scottycelt

I find these televised American show trials downright obnoxious. It's cast as 'justice' but all it is is entertainment for the rich world's couch-potatoes. It would make any decent-minded person almost want to throw up.

Both BBC and SKY had wall-to-wall coverage which was almost impossible to escape and I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the point when the guilty verdict was announced and about five burly police officers appeared on cue to clasp handcuffs on the disgraced and utterly humiliated quack. Then we had the cheering imbeciles ... sorry, 'fans' ... wildly celebrating the guilty verdict outside the court.

Thank God it's all over ... until the next miserable wretch/scapegoat who is dragged before the American courts for the latest engrossing and almost interminable TV Soap for worldwide distribution.

Comment

• Mary Chambers
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
              I find these televised American show trials downright obnoxious. It's cast as 'justice' but all it is is entertainment for the rich world's couch-potatoes. It would make any decent-minded person almost want to throw up.

Both BBC and SKY had wall-to-wall coverage which was almost impossible to escape and I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the point when the guilty verdict was announced and about five burly police officers appeared on cue to clasp handcuffs on the disgraced and utterly humiliated quack. Then we had the cheering imbeciles ... sorry, 'fans' ... wildly celebrating the guilty verdict outside the court.

Thank God it's all over ... until the next miserable wretch/scapegoat who is dragged before the American courts for the latest engrossing and almost interminable TV Soap for worldwide distribution.
              I agree, Scotty. I didn't see much of the trial, but I feel uncomfortable about the verdict, not because I know whether the man is really guilty or not, but because I feel the outcome was never in doubt. I did see some footage of the 'fans' after the verdict. Beyond belief and very shocking.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                Why have the reviewers all got it in for Bates ?
                It's not Bates that annoys me, but the ludicrous scripts from Fellowes. It felt as if the writing of it had been rushed. Too many modern phrases, silly plot lines etc. The fake heir - remember him - in and out of the house in a blink of an eye. Maggie Smith stole every scene she was in, which was a good thing not a bad one.
                Steve

Comment

• mercia
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                  Why have the reviewers all got it in for Bates ?
                  well he's a psychopath isn't he. have I got the right Bates?

Comment

Working...
                  X