• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Newman
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
    Lastly, there has also been an unfortunate demonstration of parti pris in some of the posts by those members who, while ostensibly taking a patrician, disinterested stance have rather pulled the rug from under themselves by attacking a certain member of this forum and myself for immoderate language while conniving at the same tactics employed by "the other side". Tellingly, one member referred to the pro Cage lobby as his "friends" - a bit of a giveaway.
    I, too, had decided not to enter further into this thread as it had become acrimonious. I must point out that I had not criticised you in person, Panjandrum, in any of my messages on this thread. My annoyance was reserved for one member. When I talk of "friends" on these boards it is intended to refer to people with whom I have amicably discussed music since joining for3 last year AND with whom I have done so for some three or four years prior to that on the BBC Radio 3 Boards. A few I have met. To call people friends in such circumstances was not intended as partisanship on any particular issue. I am sure that most of my friends (friends in the wider sense that I meant) dislike the work in question and that is their right. I do not mock them for holding different opinions to my own.

That was the gist of my previous message.

Comment

Working...
    X