X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Manchester to Dresden or Leipzig for concerts/operas

I want to travel from the Manchester area to either Dresden or Leipzig to attend some concerts/operas. I don’t think there are any flights direct to either of those German cities from Manchester. Any suggestions please on the best way to travel? Does flying from Manchester to Berlin and then taking the train make sense?
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

My wife was born in Leipzig and we go there often. We have found it works very well to fly to Berlin/Schönefeld and catch the InterCity. The only direct flight from the UK is from Stansted on Ryanair but at least that does now go to the main Leipzig airport not to Altenburg and then shuttle bus.

Make sure you hear the Thomaner (free of charge) - Fridays at 18.00 and Saturdays at 15.00

Comment

• Stanfordian
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      My wife was born in Leipzig and we go there often. We have found it works very well to fly to Berlin/Schönefeld and catch the InterCity. The only direct flight from the UK is from Stansted on Ryanair but at least that does now go to the main Leipzig airport not to Altenburg and then shuttle bus.

Make sure you hear the Thomaner (free of charge) - Fridays at 18.00 and Saturdays at 15.00

http://www.leipzig-online.de/thomane...nprogramm.html
      Thank you gurnemanz for your help. Are there any more suggestions please?

Comment

• Stanfordian
        • Dec 2010

Hello gurnemanz,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Stanfordian

Comment

Working...
        X