• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hackneyvi
    • Oct 2024

Very slow download - help!

Can anyone suggest anything?

I use a Vodafone dongle to downloadf to my laptop. Until this week, I've had pretty good speeds on it and been able to stream video and audio with good reliability. But now, when I try to listen to the BBC iPlayer, I'm told I have insufficient bandwidth.

I've cleaned my discs; I've defragmented; I've removed and reloaded the Vodafone software; I've done a full system scan using Avast; there are no reported problems with Vodafone - but my download speed is hovering at 100bps, sometimes lower.

Is there something obvious I might need to do? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions. And please don't feel you need to spare my blushes - I know nothing more about working a PC than the paragraph above suggests. Nothing.

Thanks.
  • mercia
    • Nov 2010

I sometimes get told I have insufficient bandwith so I start again on the lower bandwith option and am usually ok then
    ( I probably understand these things even less than you )

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Insufficient bandwidth has nothing to do with your PC. It is a function of Vodafone's network. Complain to them. Quite possible that your local mobile mast is/was down. They, of course, will swear blind that they don't have a problem. Try your laptop in another geographic area and see if you get the same problem.

Comment

Working...
      X