Free Concertgebouw performances on Facebook !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Free Concertgebouw performances on Facebook !

Originally posted by salymap View Post
    I have heard of Facebook because a young relative asked me to join. No thanks.
    There are some compensations.

For instance if you follow the Royal Concertgebouw's Facebook page by clicking the "Like" button, you get an automatic download of the last movement of Shostakovich's 15th from Bernard Haitink's new recording on RCO Live http://www.facebook.com/RoyalConcertgebouwOrchestra

And I actually do find Facebook quite a good way of keeping in contact with certain categories of people, esp. friends and former colleagues abroad.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

• BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Pity only a mp3download!!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• scottycelt

I can understand the obvious benefits of something like Facebook, as Caliban indicates, but I'd be wary of being contacted by others with whom I now have little in common and, in any case, I've always been a bit introverted ...

When it comes to grabbing music for free it's undoubtedly YouTube for me, and that rhymes as well! I've recently downloaded complete sections of video recordings of some of the Bruckner symphonies performed over the years in Suntory Hall in Tokyo, some in astonishingly clear HD, and then joined them together ... the result has been a rare and wonderful treat!

Whatever music I want at any time, it always seems to be there for me on YouTube ...

Comment

• Pianorak
        • Nov 2010

More free music: Helene Grimaud live this weekend on medici.tv

Hélène Grimaud : Bach,Silvestrov,Dvorák
        Saturday, November 5th at 7pm GMT
        Live from the Cité de la musique, Paris

Hélène Grimaud, Jan Vogler
        Sunday, November 6th at 3.30pm GMT
        Live from the Cité de la musique, Paris
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          Pity only a mp3download!!
          Suits me fine. What would you prefer? The orchestra popping round to serenade you live from your front lawn?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
            I can understand the obvious benefits of something like Facebook, as Caliban indicates, but I'd be wary of being contacted by others with whom I now have little in common and, in any case, I've always been a bit introverted ...

When it comes to grabbing music for free it's undoubtedly YouTube for me, and that rhymes as well! I've recently downloaded complete sections of video recordings of some of the Bruckner symphonies performed over the years in Suntory Hall in Tokyo, some in astonishingly clear HD, and then joined them together ... the result has been a rare and wonderful treat!

Whatever music I want at any time, it always seems to be there for me on YouTube ...
            I rather prefer to have free music 'to take away' and listen to on my iPod but I agree it depends on one's lifestyle. I agree that there is unbelievable treasure trove on youtube these days.

As far as being contacted by people in the category you mention, it has never happened to me - and there are filters which mean you don't have to enter into dialogue with anyone you don't want.

Comment

Working...
            X