Is this the most sensible way of managing neolithic goats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lateralthinking1
    • Oct 2024

Is this the most sensible way of managing neolithic goats?

Electronic collars fitted to goats that have survived on border with Scotland for at least 5000 years to find out more about them
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

we are all neolithic .....
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      we are all neolithic .....
      This really - er - gets my goat.

I'll get me coat...

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

As usual with this sort of article we're not getting the full story - how many of them there are for a start. The
        sites of special scientific interest which would be vulnerable to over-grazing
        are presumably pockets of woodland. It's a pity that nature conservation is so prescriptive these days, with features monitoring [sic] and so on - they can't just leave the goats to get on with it, and regard it as a natural event. But it would be a shame if farmers shot them. Radio tagging is a perfectly reasonable way of tracking wild animals (I took part in a project tagging ocelots and other small carnivores in dry tropical forest in Mexico a few years ago), though what they do with the information is another matter - if the goats transgress, do they capture them, move them, what? I think this needs a longer article!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

I'll get me coat...
          would that be a shaggy sheepskin?
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
            would that be a shaggy sheepskin?
            It might - who knows? I find myself having to get my coat so frequently these days that I'd have to exercise a choice...

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

often due to prevailing circumstances i find the nearest is usually a good bet .... [coat that is] ... and the one i came in wearing is a big constraint too .... other people get very upset if one fails to choose that particular coat .... property and violence being so intertwined eh ...

Comment

Working...
              X