X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mandryka
    • Jul 2024

Bob Brunning:Dead.

Wasn't sure about BB's 'significance' in the wider scheme of things, but I liked the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, and he seems to have been a nice guy. His books on the British Blues Boom are highly recommended.

Founder member of Fleetwood Mac and a stalwart of the British blues scene
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Never heard of him, but thanks for letting me know.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

Ive heard of Fleetwood Mac so I assume he was in that.

3VS

Comment

• Mr Pee
        • Nov 2010

Fleetwood Mac? Is that a brand of Lancastrian foul weather gear?

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• PatrickOD

When I were a lad I went to Fleetwood on a spiv. Eee, I were a right good conductor.

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

I liked Stevie Nicks. Back in the day....
            3VS

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

It sounds as if he was only in the band for a few weeks, until Peter Green and Mick Fleetwood persuaded John McVie to join them, and that he played on only one song on their first album.

He sounds like a thoroughly decent guy who escaped with his life, a bit like another rock reject Chris Stewart

Comment

• Mandryka

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                It sounds as if he was only in the band for a few weeks, until Peter Green and Mick Fleetwood persuaded John McVie to join them, and that he played on only one song on their first album.

He sounds like a thoroughly decent guy who escaped with his life, a bit like another rock reject Chris Stewart
                I was always impressed by the way he remained a fan of the band that had kicked him out; didn't allow his ego to prevent him from enjoying what Green, Fleetwood, McVie and Spencer went on to achieve. I suppose he recognised his own status as a 'make-do' until they could persuade JMcV to come aboard, then went off to do something entirely different, but still maintaned his interest in the blues.

Comment

• Chris Newman
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Until he moved to the US Mick Fleetwood (and his late sister, the actress Susan) lived at Bemerton, in Salisbury, in the old manse house of George Herbert, the clergyman poet. I am not sure if Bridget his mother is still alive as she lived there.

Comment

• Mandryka

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
                    Until he moved to the US Mick Fleetwood (and his late sister, the actress Susan) lived at Bemerton, in Salisbury, in the old manse house of George Herbert, the clergyman poet. I am not sure if Bridget his mother is still alive as she lived there.
                    I'm still shocked and saddened by Susan Fleetwood's untimely death: what a loss to the stage she was.

Comment

Working...
                    X