• Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

It works for Elliot Carter

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
      • Nov 2010

Thanks for your encouragement ferneyhoughgeliebte. I wonder if my original comments about lack of complete symphonies a few months back has also 'pricked the conscience of R3' though RW will of course say it was always his intention, I know R3 doesn't monitor comments on these message baords too.

I'm currently writing up the sketches of my 2nd Piano Sonata, am still hoping a good pianist will come along to play both my Sonatas and the Passacaglia! Getting slightly back on track, I remember a very encouraging comment from Peter Aston at the UEA after seeing my 1st Sonata a number of years ago saying if I joined the BA I'd be the best composer they'd ever have had on the course bar one! He didn't tell me who the 'one' was naturally. The loss of UEA music will leave a huge hole in the already rapidly becoming musical backwater of Norwich.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Absolutely Suffolk
        it has a long tradition (Britten was involved in its creation ) of collaborations with Aldeburgh for example
        there is a critical mass of musicians ,both performers and composers, that a place needs to sustain a vibrant musical life. If this goes ahead , as is likely, then the musical life (of ALL genres and including choral societies , amateur orchestras etc ) of much of the East of England will be significantly impoverished ...............

Comment

Working...
        X