• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mandryka
    • Jul 2024

Sue Lloyd: Dead

Britain's 'subtle sex symbol' has died at the age of 72:

Sue Lloyd, the glamorous star of Crossroads, The Ipcress File and Keeping Up Appearances, has died at the age of 72.

I choose to remember her being cooked for by Michael Caine while listening to Mozart, rather than for her later appearances in Crossroads.
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
    Britain's 'subtle sex symbol' has died at the age of 72:

Sue Lloyd, the glamorous star of Crossroads, The Ipcress File and Keeping Up Appearances, has died at the age of 72.

I choose to remember her being cooked for by Michael Caine while listening to Mozart, rather than for her later appearances in Crossroads.
    & I'm sure many sports-people are more worthy of attention than an actress in Crossroads - renowned for its wooden acting & cardboard sets (later wonderfully sent up in Victoria Wood's 'Acorn Antiques')

Comment

• amateur51

Although strictly accurate, I think the Telegraph was a little bit disingenuous about her 'marriage' to Ronald Allen

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
        & I'm sure many sports-people are more worthy of attention than an actress in Crossroads - renowned for its wooden acting & cardboard sets (later wonderfully sent up in Victoria Wood's 'Acorn Antiques')
        Too cruel, Flossie

Comment

Working...
        X