Anyone remember Bouquet Of Barbed Wire?

Actor who excelled at playing women of strength, wit and charm
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Not me.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
      • Nov 2010

Yes, Mandryka. It was a series that had the nation thoroughly gripped. I know as much because my mother, who hardly ever bothered with television (other than when her husband was on it), was glued to it.

I being 13/14 was too young to be hooked, but I can remember the vast subtlety with which Frank Finlay held the screen. As for Shiela Allen in that difficult triangle, she was so elegantly attracitve and heroic a figure that you wanted to say ... 'Good for you. You go and have your big affair. You deserve it!'
      Last edited by Stillhomewardbound; 21-10-11, 00:53.

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

It's not quite true that I don't remember it - I have a vague memory of it (the original version) being considered over-heated tosh.

Comment

• Mandryka

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
          It's not quite true that I don't remember it - I have a vague memory of it (the original version) being considered over-heated tosh.
          Yes, but it was high quality over-heated tosh, Flossie. Frank Finlay gave a characteristically excellent performance as the man obsessively in love with his spoiled daughter (Susan Penhaligon - never better). Sheila Allen was the former wife of RSC director David Jones, who died in 2008.

Comment

Working...
          X