X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lateralthinking1

More lies -

The Telegraph today - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...Fox-storm.html

Quote - "In 2005, Mr Werritty was best man at Dr Fox’s wedding to Jesme Baird, a fellow doctor. The ex-girlfriend said Mr Werritty had been a late substitute for Dr Fox’s brother, who had been badly hurt in a car accident. “He was physically not able to be his best man, so that is why Adam was the best man,” she said. The ex-girlfriend described Mr Werritty as “charming”."

The Scotsman - 11 May 2010 - http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottis...other_1_803774

Quote - "A driver who crashed his car into the brother of Conservative MP Dr Liam Fox and left him suffering permanent brain damage has been jailed for a year. Paul Fox, 46, was severely injured when Craig Buchanan, 20, ploughed into him after losing control of his vehicle. Buchanan, of East Kilbride, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving on the A726 Strathaven Road on 5 March last year (2009) at an earlier hearing at Hamilton Sheriff Court."

I am sorry but I absolutely detest these people. To my mind, they are the wreckers of lives. Fox is overseeing staff reductions at MoD of 11,000. In the army, we have hundreds of very young people risking their lives for no good reason, often with less than adequate military equipment. Fox claimed far more on his expenses than he should have done and fought hard to keep the money at our expense. Meanwhile he flirts with some of the wealthiest people - hedge funds and all - at one time operating out of Westminster with would you believe charitable status, American business sitting there too and saying our NHS is too costly.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...?newsfeed=true.

......news of another dinner with the revelation that "Also at the event was Powell Moore, an aide to President Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal, who at the time was a director of the US arm of Atlantic Bridge".

Dr Liam Fox and his unofficial “adviser” attended a $500-a-head dinner in Washington with senior defence industry figures last year which has not been declared by the Ministry of Defence, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.
    Last edited by Guest; 14-10-11, 03:46.

Comment

• kernelbogey
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
      I am sorry but I absolutely detest these people. To my mind, they are the wreckers of lives.
      Lat, thanks for these links. Clearly it is an unravelling scandal and I think he should go, and soon.

As far as I know Mr Fox does not possess a PhD, which, prior to this scandal, I had assumed to be the case. I think it is inappropriate for him to continue using the anachronistic 'Dr' honorarium when he is no longer working as a GP. It is a clear ploy to attach unwarranted gravitas to his name.

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

at a tangent, great photos of Oliver Letwin shredding documents

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          Oliver Letwin
          Not quite such a complete tangent, perhaps. OL had his own strange / mysterious / unexplained "burglary" incident....
          Free Online Library: The strange and disturbing case of Mr Oliver Letwin: the Shadow Home Secretary robbed at 5.15am by a man he invited into his 800,000 home to use the toilet.(News) by "The Mirror (London, England)"; General interest

These politicians have what one might term rough luck, don't they... ?
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Not quite such a complete tangent, perhaps. OL had his own strange / mysterious / unexplained "burglary" incident....
            Free Online Library: The strange and disturbing case of Mr Oliver Letwin: the Shadow Home Secretary robbed at 5.15am by a man he invited into his 800,000 home to use the toilet.(News) by "The Mirror (London, England)"; General interest

These politicians have what one might term rough luck, don't they... ?
            Certainly while the likes of Caliban the Unforgetful are abroad at the terminal they do!!

Nice work, Ossifer

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Certainly while the likes of Caliban the Unforgetful are abroad at the terminal they do!!

Nice work, Ossifer

It sticks in the mind as one of the more incredible things one's been asked to believe by the Spinmeisters
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Mahlerei

Transcript of telephone conversation intercepted by unnamed tabloid:

Letwin: Hello?
                Fox: Olly, it's Liam. I need a favour.
                Letwin: Er, I don't bat for Darrington you know...
                Fox: No, no. I just need some papers disposed of.
                Letwin (relieved): Oh, no problem. Funny you should ask that......

Comment

• burning dog
                  • Dec 2010

Dickens characters in Real Life . None of the bankers are like Mr Merdle, he commited suicide. The present day b'stards are still after a bonus.

What's come out recently is how 'odd' the present lot are, even compared with Mandelson and Brown. If some bloke was going round the World with Blair it would likely be to score a few property deals. This chap seems to be sponsored by fantasists who think the Cameron Tories aren't pro USA or pro Israel enough.

I always thought Oliver Letwin was just a fielder.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by burning dog View Post
                    What's come out recently is how 'odd' the present lot are, even compared with Mandelson and Brown. If some bloke was going round the World with Blair it would likely be to score a few property deals. This chap seems to be sponsored by fantasists who think the Cameron Tories aren't pro USA or pro Israel enough.
                    Let's all write in to Cameron and tell him

I will if you will

Edit: here's how http://www.number10.gov.uk/contact-us/

I have:

What on earth is going on? Government ministers allowed to have non elected friends advising them to be more pro-US and pro-Israel? Why? Do you think this is why people voted Conservative or Liberal Democrat at the last election? Where are the lobbyists for the EU?

Why has Liam Fox not yet resigned as a matter of honour - since MPs describe themselves as 'Honourable members'?

Okay, it could have been better - what are you going to say?

Contact Number 10
                    Thank you. Your message has been successfully sent to the Prime Minister's Office.
                    Last edited by french frank; 14-10-11, 15:58.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by burning dog View Post
                      This chap seems to be sponsored by fantasists who think the Cameron Tories aren't pro USA or pro Israel enough.
                      ?

So that's what MrP and Simon have been up to then

(Ok that's probably over the mark FF ? in which case I'll delete it)

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                        ?

So that's what MrP and Simon have been up to then

(Ok that's probably over the mark FF ? in which case I'll delete it)
                        Just shut up MrGG and send your email to the PM

10 Downing Street is the official residence and the office of the British Prime Minister. The office helps the Prime Minister to establish and deliver the government’s overall strategy and policy priorities, and to communicate the government’s policies to Parliament, the public and international audiences.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

I already did that

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                            I already did that
                            So what did you say (briefly)

10 Downing Street is the official residence and the office of the British Prime Minister. The office helps the Prime Minister to establish and deliver the government’s overall strategy and policy priorities, and to communicate the government’s policies to Parliament, the public and international audiences.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                              • Nov 2010

In short

What are the "special skills" that are needed to be an advisor to the defence secretary ? What is the selection procedure and how is their work accountable to Parliament ?
                              I was under the impression that the current government was committed to honesty and transparency how exactly do you expect voters to trust a word any of your MPs say ?

Comment

• MrGongGong
                                • Nov 2010

And he's gone !!!

that's one down then

Comment

Working...
                                X