X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

New "Labour "front benchers

I pretty much gave up on labour a long time ago, having seen all politicians turn into a homogenous careerist mass.

However the new Red front benchers really take the biscuit.

One has spent her "career" in an embassy, the bank of England, and at Halifax Bank of Scotland. (as if those places haven't done enough damage).

Another has spent his "career" as a city Lawyer advising on employment issues.

both have less than 10 years in what might be called work.

So the ordinary, endlessly taken for granted , working people can certainly look forward to being represented by two of their own , should the votes go that way next time.

It is a really tragic sign of the way the world is going that this type of establishment insiders are the supposed representatives of the working people.

Give me strength.
    Time we all woke up to what is being done to us by big money.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Come now. They don't have anyone who remotely as cut-off from reality as the nausiating Gove.
    It seems that Labour can't win. If they have honest MPs like Dennis Skinner, they become objects of ridicule. And not everyone who has worked in a bank is a moron, just as not every MP is an expense-fiddling crook.

Comment

• greenilex
      • Nov 2010

I don't think Dennis S. is at all ridiculous, personally.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        Come now. They don't have anyone who remotely as cut-off from reality as the nausiating Gove.
        It seems that Labour can't win. If they have honest MPs like Dennis Skinner, they become objects of ridicule. And not everyone who has worked in a bank is a moron, just as not every MP is an expense-fiddling crook.
        Not everyone who works in a bank is a moron. but i bet when push comes to shove, these newbies share the B of E world view...ie that they need to be in charge, and that keeping the banks propped up is all that matters in our economy.

The tail still wagging the dog.

Skinner ? ridiculed by the media......the friends of the people in charge.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Dire. I now tend to see the political system as a bit like a building at the end of the garden. It is full of dim witted people with academic qualifications, crooks, the mentally disturbed and other assorted weirdos. In many individuals these traits combine. There are raucous parties down there most nights. It is all characterised by irresponsibility and arrogance.

Mostly it is out of control. As the bonfires are lit outside it, you have to pretend that it isn't on your own land but worry that the flames will travel to your house. And if they do, and your house burns down, you know that they will have all the connections and any money that there is left to defend themselves in the courts. Unfortunately, there is no chance of evicting them even when the garbage becomes intolerable and the rodents start outnumbering the people.

This is a pity. In the 1980s, I saw the structure as a church on reasonably high moral ground. Sure, the wrong people were in charge of the services. It seemed that there were plenty around who would make them better. It was just a matter of time. And it did sort of seem connected to us. We could even be more involved if we raised our own standards. It was partially in our identities and not overly connected with the wider world. Now it seems like it is signed up to some fundamentalist world religion that is largely about finance and on the make, whatever the destructive consequences.

In fact, it is clearly under some sort of mind control. I don't feel any association with it at all except disgust and not a little terror. It looks more like an enemy than a spiritual life force. These changes have more personally organic impacts than almost everyone realises. I therefore have some advice to those who still have individual political identities of some integrity. Try to see them as being wholly separate because to do otherwise is to have them tainted by what has unequivocally become insanity.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-10-11, 18:54.

Comment

Working...
          X