Wright or Wrong? RW blogs about the cuts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
    FFL I honestly think such sly comments aren't worth replying to.
    not wishing to join facebook (like the lottery I leave that for the idiots of the world) but I'm intrigued as to why our over-educated and apparently unemployed/able? American feels this way - has he/she given any reason for holding such beliefs
    If she knew how much time had been spent over the past 6-7 years toiling over responses to Trust consultations, just to be constructive and pro-BBC and without any R3 axe to grind, beginning with Grade's Building Public Value back in 2004, many many months of work, not to have any single comment or idea ever acknowledged, Ms Lisa Jones might save her breath urging people to contribute to this latest one - as if it would make any difference at all.

I'm just too tired and haven't got time to spend on any so-called 'consultation' again.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by salymap View Post
      The increase that is almost unbelieveable. Radio Times was 2d, so 120 issues for a pound, now £1.20p a copy. Staggering.
      Yes - but, to be fair, it now contains many more mistakes.

Comment

• Chris Newman
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally Posted by salymap
        The increase that is almost unbelieveable. Radio Times was 2d, so 120 issues for a pound, now £1.20p a copy. Staggering.
        Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
        Yes - but, to be fair, it now contains many more mistakes.
        Admittedly I have nor bought RT for six years or so and why? The last time I did it told me more about the forthcoming programmes on CfM than the Beeb's Radio 3.

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

not wishing to join facebook (like the lottery I leave that for the idiots of the world) but I'm intrigued as to why our over-educated and apparently unemployed/able? American feels this way - has he/she given any reason for holding such beliefs
          As a member of facebook, I read Cav's posts, and as you, I, and others have said, they are not worth replying to. I don't know what the reasons for her posts are, though I could think of several possible explanations, not all printable here.

F_iom, I'm sorry about facebook; I am seriously considering unsubscribing. However, I don't do the lottery for reasons similar to yours, so I hope you will not regard me as completely beyond the pale.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

the lottery may be for the idiots of the world..........but if the idiots in our office syndicate come up trumps, i would feel a right chump if my contributions weren't up to date !!!
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Don Petter

I find I can persuade myself that the lottery is not worth doing by realising that if I chose the six numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 I would have just as great a chance of winning as with any other combination. (And, no, I couldn't bring myself to actually enter those any more than anyone else would.) Yet many people cannot grasp such a fact.

There is also the story, which I may not have correct in every detail, that a well-known mathematician won't buy his ticket until one hour before the draw because within any greater period of time he has more chance of dropping down dead than winning anything.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                I find I can persuade myself that the lottery is not worth doing by realising that if I chose the six numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 I would have just as great a chance of winning as with any other combination. (And, no, I couldn't bring myself to actually enter those any more than anyone else would.) Yet many people cannot grasp such a fact.

There is also the story, which I may not have correct in every detail, that a well-known mathematician won't buy his ticket until one hour before the draw because within any greater period of time he has more chance of dropping down dead than winning anything.
                actually you should choose consecutive numbers over 31 as most people choose birthdays and if you want to be a sole winner you need to choose numbers that no-one else will choose
                and
                buy the ticket as late as possible as you are much more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident

its an idiot tax to be sure

Comment

• Frances_iom
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mangerton View Post

F_iom, I'm sorry about facebook; I am seriously considering unsubscribing. :
                  don't worry Facebook still keep all records on you (which you may request under EU dataprotection law - amazing detail as also xrefs all other records that mention you) - as FB's EU HQ is in Dublin they are currently under investigation by Irish Data Protection office for apparent breach of EU privacy law (I made ref earlier to a German based campaign to force FB to meet EU privacy laws)

Comment

Working...
                  X