You know when you've spent too much time here when ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ariosto View Post
    Maybe we should all have one of them symbols that makes it sort of clearer?
    Good Lord no!

Some of us are very much drawn to the ambiguous, the ambivalent....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      Some of us are very much drawn to the ambiguous, the ambivalent....
      As in 12-tone row (as in The Boat Race) or 12-tone row (as in marital tiff - and probably Simon's view too!)

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Oh dear, I always thought Flossie was a gal!! I seem to remember "chatting her up" on the old BBC boards when we were all a lot younger and foolish ...

It must have been a good laugh for all those in the know.

Maybe we should all have one of them symbols that makes it sort of clearer?
        Yes she invited me to tea and crumpet and a girlish chat by her gas fire. It was only later when she referred to her long black beard I was rather suspicious.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          As in 12-tone row (as in The Boat Race) or 12-tone row (as in marital tiff - and probably Simon's view too!)
          Very clever & quite delicious

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
            I've never actually met any of the people on this forum in real life....I was just wondering how we picture each other? I suppose it's inevitable that avatar choice will play some part in this....

Scottycelt I think of as a younger Fyfe Robertson.
            Actually, the anonymity is very much a fun part of this sort of internet forum, imo.

Nothing like in the incomparable Mr Robertson, Mandryka, though I was once likened to Gordon Brown. Mind you, the Englishman who claimed I was his double was hopelessly drunk at the time.

Strangely enough, my mum and Gordon's mum knew each other and went to the same school together in a little village in Aberdeenshire. As far as I'm aware, I trust that is where any family connection ends ... in any case, I'm far, far better-looking than Broon.

Comment

• Ariosto

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
              Strangely enough, my mum and Gordon's mum knew each other and went to the same school together in a little village in Aberdeenshire. As far as I'm aware, I trust that is where any family connection ends ... in any case, I'm far, far better-looking than Broon.
              I bet you can handle finance a lot better too!!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

...no he is just pleased to see you
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Osborn

You know you've spent too much time here when you open a thread called you know when you've spent too much time here & post a reply saying you know you've spent too much time here.

Comment

• scottycelt

I bet you can handle finance a lot better too!!
                    I used to think so until I invested heavily (for me) in the banks in early 2008, Ariosto ....

Funny how Brown's political reputation changed from being sternly tight-fisted to feckless spendaholic ... remember when he was widely hailed in the media as 'The Iron Chancellor' ... ?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                      I used to think so until I invested heavily (for me) in the banks in early 2008, Ariosto ....

Funny how Brown's political reputation changed from being sternly tight-fisted to feckless spendaholic ... remember when he was widely hailed in the media as 'The Iron Chancellor' ... ?
                      Yes; whatever happened to Prudence?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                        Yes she invited me to tea and crumpet and a girlish chat by her gas fire. It was only later when she referred to her long black beard I was rather suspicious.
                        My intentions were entirely honourable, Saly (I hope you weren't too disappointed). However, in my advancing years (as demonstrated by my now very grey beard) my memories of the occasion are rather dim (actually my memories of anything have always been rather dim, even without the advancing years) - so I hope I didn't over-step the bounds of decency

Comment

• Chris Newman
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=Mandryka;88641]I've never actually met any of the people on this forum in real life....I was just wondering how we picture each other? I suppose it's inevitable that avatar choice will play some part in this....

You'll have to get with it, young man. I've now met three.

Comment

Working...
                          X