• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51
    • Jul 2024

Watch out salymap! Iraq soldier is after Kent's rozzers

Iraq veteran Col Tim Collins wants police commissioner job

Former Army officer Colonel Tim Collins says he wants to become one of the new elected police and crime commissioners in England and Wales.

Col Collins opened his charm offensive with ...

"This is a job for someone energetic and who is willing to work with the chief constable,"

So far, so good.

Unfortunately he continued ...

""It is important that it doesn't become just a talking shop for knackered old policemen or a sunset gig for some trough-loving councillor."

Clearly those hours spent at the Baghdad School of Diplomacy & Deportment were wasted
  • mercia
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    ""It is important that it doesn't become just a talking shop for knackered old policemen or a sunset gig for some trough-loving councillor."
    I like plain speaking. Is he from Yorkshire?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      I like plain speaking. Is he from Yorkshire?
      He's from Belfast, as it goes

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

What a good thing I live in the London Borough of Bexley now then am51. However we have quite a few real Kentish souls on the MBs.

We moved from Chislehurst and Sidcup UDC to Bexley overnight some years ago. Same place, new name.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by salymap View Post
          What a good thing I live in the London Borough of Bexley now then am51. However we have quite a few real Kentish souls on the MBs.

We moved from Chislehurst and Sidcup UDC to Bexley overnight some years ago. Same place, new name.
          What a relief, salymap

But as you can see, I had your best interests at heart

Comment

• Osborn

I heard a rumour that Colonel Tim has already drafted plans for an offensive to the north, driving the Met over the Thames, blowing up all the bridges & proclaiming himself Emperor of Quite a Bit of South East England & all citizens will have to do 100 press ups in public places every morning. So take care Sal.

Comment

• handsomefortune

tally ho - sunsets and knackers yards r us.

it may be a case of 'pot kettle blue'?

the Baghdad School of Diplomacy & Deportment

bottoms up! i bet he knows exactly how to fold pyjamas in a riot...and that's what this country needs, people who can reach for their jodpurs, and what's more, really mean it!

is his current job description code for training mercenaries..or what? (it's a bit vague imv, i know he's got an obe, but so has the chap serving at our post office).

incidentally, has the inquiry into trough-loving policemen and pie averse octogenerians finished as yet, or is it still ongoing?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

Is he going for the elected post? If he is, it's probably exactly what would encourage the type of person who would vote for a police commissioner in Kent to vote for him. I'm thinking of 'Disgusted of TW'.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                  • Nov 2010

I've just read the article, & I see that it is the elected post. It also says that "He has applied to be selected as a Conservative police commissioner candidate" . Surely a police commissioner should be politically neutral?

Comment

• handsomefortune

if they're not nuetral any more, i'd like a green one.

Comment

Working...
                    X