Have iPods spoilt it for classical music too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BetweenTheStaves

I thought it a rather poor thin article written in a hurry to fill some column inches. This sentence is perhaps what set the OP thinking....And for this I blame the iPod. It’s guilty because, by its very nature, it lures kids towards the instant and shallow and samey and away from anything that smacks of complexity, or which requires time to appreciate. and I don't really see what on earth he is on about. Why does it lure them?

I use my iPod in the gym to mitigate the sheer boredom of the running machine. Not sure how many 60+ year olds there are in the country running flat out and listening to Mahler 3 ?

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
      • Nov 2010

<<I thought it a rather poor thin article written in a hurry to fill some column inches>>

Gosh, and can't we say that of so much journalism these days, where somebody moans a bit, works some cheap jokes and by the end of it all has made some completely unfounded fact. As, in today's Times where Matthew Paris (whom I normally have time for) riles on about the virtues of soap versus shower gel for a thousand words. Perlease!!

Actually, I've just given him the lead for his next piece ... "Isn't it awful how people use expressions like 'perlease', 'OMG' and 'innit' ... the other day my godson said ... ' and a thousand words down the line, he, and many similarly fatuous journalists are simply waiting for the latest plop of the newspaper's cheque on the door mat.

Final word, though, I can be as fatuous as the best of them and I probably have my moments on these board, but how do I find a way to get paye for it!!

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

I have the 160gb ipod. It has about 950 albums, of which I take to work before the rampage of the kiddies arrive!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
        X