X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pilamenon
    • Nov 2010

Top Gear Britain

A crazy government proposal - why make the roads any more unsafe than they already are by raising the speed limit to 80mph?

There is already too much speeding and inconsideration on the roads - for once, we should learn from America on this where limits are lower, and in my experience motorway driving is much smoother and less dangerous.

Reaction times and proximity to other vehicles mean that whatever the apparent technological advances, this will surely lead to worse pile-ups when accidents do occur.

It also sends out a worrying message that current speed limits are there to be broken.

This is one area where I would gladly support greater surveillance to reduce accidents, environmental damage and pollution.

Surely we don't need our lives to be any faster than they already are?
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

A case, methinks (memaybewrong), of those who employ Nannies decrying the "Nanny State"!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Globaltruth
      Host
      • Nov 2010

But at least as we speed along the country's highways there will now be a bin wagon following us, ready to pick up the constant stream of litter AT THE VERY MOMENT WE THROW IT OUT OF THE WINDOW. thanks be to the mighty Pickle.

Comment

Working...
      X