Clear All
  • Mandryka
    • Jul 2024

Jonathan Cecil: Dead

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

does this link work?
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
      • Nov 2010

Try this:

Versatile actor and writer often called upon to play toffs and bumbling clerics

My mother was once partnered with him at a dinner party and she described him as being the loveliest of people, and as Michael Billington attests, wholly without side.

He was one of those indispensable characters of the industry who brought an extra dimension to any role he played.

Comment

• Roslynmuse
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
        does this link work?
        Yes. Another one of those names and faces that seem always to have been part of the landscape.

Comment

• Chris Newman
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Strange, I had always assumed that there might be a relationship between Lord David Cecil (a regular TV pundit in the 60s on matters artistic and historical) and Jonathan Cecil. I imagined a nephew or distant cousin. I had not realised however that they were father and son. JC was a regular face since my boyhood and as Roslynmuse says:

Yes. Another one of those names and faces that seem always to have been part of the landscape.
          He gave much pleasure. R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
          X