X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

And SHB, R3 have taken your words to heart and do 'play that song' over and over and over again.

Comment

• Chris Newman
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
      And SHB, R3 have taken your words to heart and do 'play that song' over and over and over again.
      Yes, salymap. I FORGET. Which king's dying words were "Oh, bugger 'Breakfast'!" ?

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Chris, I think he actually said " Breakfast Brighton's things up".

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Blimey: I've only been back a week and already I've sunk from jayne-l-w's "chummy old gentleman" to sal's "poor old geezer"!

barber's comment says in a much more succinct and eloquent way what I was trying to say (twice! so much for attempted humour, floss!): perhaps Sherlock Holmes was right about the memory being like a little attic?
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Flosshilde
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            Blimey: I've only been back a week and already I've sunk from jayne-l-w's "chummy old gentleman" to sal's "poor old geezer"!

barber's comment says in a much more succinct and eloquent way what I was trying to say (twice! so much for attempted humour, floss!):
            Sorry - as you may have realised, I can resist anything except the opportunity to make a cheap joke.

perhaps Sherlock Holmes was right about the memory being like a little attic?
            or, in my case, a basement full of junk which I've collected/kept because it will be useful one day.

(my partner once asked my why I couldn't remember what the Norwegian flag looked like. I said that I had no reason to know what it looked like, so I didn't need to remember it. Unfortunately I don't remember those things I do have a reason for remembering.

Comment

• gurnemanz
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by barber olly View Post
              I can still remember the lyrics of songs I sang at school, particularly frm Singing Together at junior school, and also those from the Beatles albums I used to sing along to. With Mozart I usually know what K no each work has but not necessarily which I am listening to.
              I once met an ex-pupil years later (I taught German at school for many years) who told me that she had forgotten everything I ever taught her except a little song I had sung with them. "Ein kleiner Matrose". I found it online. All join in:

Zahlreiche Lieder aus aller Welt zum Anhören, Singen, Klatschen und Tanzen. Neben Noten und Gitarregriffen finden sich auf dem Angebot des Labbé Verlages

I got to know those Beatles albums so well at an impressionable age that not only can I still remember most of the texts, if I hear one in isolation I can't help carrying on with the next one on the LP.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                Sorry - as you may have realised, I can resist anything except the opportunity to make a cheap joke.
                Snap!

or, in my case, a basement full of junk which I've collected/kept because it will be useful one day.
                Crackle!

Unfortunately I don't remember those things I do have a reason for remembering.
                Pop!
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

FHG, and I called you an old geezer, are you sure, someone else surely, I've forgotten.

From the chummy old lady/woman to the chummy old gentleman. Best wishes

Comment

Working...
                  X