X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Dave, I assume go through the steps again as you need a different password for each book to claim
    Maybe you are only allowed one? I've succeeded with one, but attempts to download another have failed.

Has anyone managed to get more than one so far, without resorting to aliases?

If the wording said that you are only allowed one I'd accept that, but then I'd want to be pickier about which one to choose. I took it to mean that we are allowed all of the ones on offer by putting in the daily codes.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Sorry, didn't see your query. It's read by Michael Jayston, I think he was in original TTSS, haven't checked.
      Yup - got mine now!

Slightly annoying that it's a straightforward mp3 rather than audiobook / podcast format - it means (i assume) that if you listen to 15 minutes and then stop and listen to something else, it doesn't keep your place and just start again from where you left off next time. But mustn't stare into gift-horses mouths...
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

I can now confirm that it is possible to download more than one audiobook, though requires patience, care etc. Without that the site either won't work, or will try to charge for the items.

I know someone now who has managed to download all of them to date, so treat that web site with care!

Comment

• tony yyy

I downloaded the first 4 without any problems, although it was very slow and there's something odd about the mp3 files for Smiley's People (Windows Media Player doesn't like them). I'm not sure if I'll ever listen to them.

Comment

Working...
          X