X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rauschwerk
    • Nov 2010

In Our Time archive now available as podcasts

I'm now busy downloading these 500 programmes which my wife and I will use to continue our education when we retire. All that content in 16 gigabytes! An undreamt-of possibility when I was born. My only gripe is that the Beeb have not chosen to wrap it all in zip files which would make the downloading so much less laborious.
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Good news, but if only it was a "Music In Our Time" archive. There are (were?) some real gems in there.

Comment

• rauschwerk
      • Nov 2010

Yes, Bryn, we live in a strange world, don't we: one in which 45 minutes per week on often abstruse subjects (eg the Ediacara Biota) is fine for R4, but Discovering Music is apparently thought to frighten listeners away from R3!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rauschwerk View Post
        Yes, Bryn, we live in a strange world, don't we: one in which 45 minutes per week on often abstruse subjects (eg the Ediacara Biota) is fine for R4, but Discovering Music is apparently thought to frighten listeners away from R3!
        My thought precisely. Could it be that Roger's Wrong? Perish the thought (far too many spurious and irrelevant statistics to prove that he is certainly Wright...)
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
        X