X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mandryka
    • Sep 2024

Cliff Robertson: Dead

Oscar-winning US actor Cliff Robertson, who portrayed John F Kennedy in the 1963 film PT-109, dies at the age of 88.
  • Stillhomewardbound
    • Nov 2010

I had seen Charly, but where he really scored with me was in 'Washington Behind Closed Doors', andn he really helped make that series as good as it was. There was also an excellent tv movie in which he was a commercial airline pilot with a big drink problem.

He's kind of in a club of US actors who were exceptional and special but not picked up as star heavywieghts. I'm talking about the likes of Alan Arkin, Charles Durning, and I suppose we could include Jason Robards (the Nixon manque 'Edward Monkton).

So, nice he enoyed a brief indian summmer in the spiderman film.

Comment

• charles t
      • Nov 2010

S-h-w-b:

Thanks for remembering Jason Robards (Jr.)...saw him on Broadway performing in Lillian Hellman's Toys In The Attic...unforgettable.

On film, check out his Dr. Dick Diver in F. Scott Fitz's: Tender Is The Night.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
        • Nov 2010

Jason Robards - towering actor, and how lucky of you to have seem him on stage. He is simply superb as the Nixon manque in Washington: Behind Closed Doors.

Remembered also as Ben Bradlee in All the President's Men and a beautiful performance as an overly indulgent father in Parenthood who is all forgiving for his wayward son while giving short shrift to the more stolid Steve Martin.

All the more remarkable having battled long and hard with the bottle.

Comment

Working...
        X