X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

I suspect that many in R3 - RW apart- know that the current strategy is the thrashing of a frightened animal. Catch-penny codswallop.

Urge all to email Patten i/c Trust to tell him him. He's a high-art fan, he simply MUST know that the strategy R3 is bent on is fundamentally an incremental betrayal.

Comment

• Don Petter

Dunnit.

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

Dunnit too.

Comment

• Roehre

Dunnit

Comment

• Roslynmuse
            • Jul 2011

And me

Comment

• Chris Newman
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

et moi, aussi.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

ditto

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

would be interesting to see who actually does ever listen to R3.

for example, do those studying at uni or music college listen to much R3 programming?
                  bet they don't.(although some obviously will).

how many people under 30 listen to more than 2 hours a week, (unless they hAVE to listen as their parent has it on in the car).

Making R3 accessible is something I am all for....and "Breakfast" IS a good place to try this IMO. However, making something accessible doesn't have to mean making it like CFM without the ads.

For instance, if R3 wants to attract younger listeners, I venture to suggest this might happen by playing more C20 music than less. And they wont help their cause when "your call" routinely feature somebody retired telling us why Beethoven 9 reminds them of motoring through the south of france in the 1950's, or suchlike.

However, I suspect its all just a govt dumbing down plot. No thinking please........were british !!
                  In the end, the variety of music is what counts on R3..........and its really in decline before noon.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• mangerton
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                    I suspect that many in R3 - RW apart- know that the current strategy is the thrashing of a frightened animal. Catch-penny codswallop.

Urge all to email Patten i/c Trust to tell him him. He's a high-art fan, he simply MUST know that the strategy R3 is bent on is fundamentally an incremental betrayal.

I have now emailed Lord Patten. Best handwriting, spelling and grammar carefully checked.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Okay. For anyone else interested, he's xxxxxxxxx
                      His Inbox should be rather more full tomorrow morning than is usual.

Edit: email address removed, but it's the usual BBC formula for all their emails. I guessed it!
                      Last edited by french frank; 23-10-11, 18:49.
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Bin there dun that.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          Bin there dun that.
                          ER...you didn't do the song listings for Slade albums at one time did you ?
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            ER...you didn't do the song listings for Slade albums at one time did you ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              happy days... 1972.....ten years old...the charts full of T rex, Slade, Bowie, chicory Tip (!!!), roxy Music .Waiting to see what was no 1 on a Tuesday lunchtime, waiting to hear the new slade single (and see how it was spelled), wondering which exact planet people like bolan were from, because I certainly had never seen a real person like him.

Learning to play "look what you Dun" and "son of my Father"on the piano instead of some dreary mozart minuet !!

small boys, jumpers for goalposts............
                              Oh boy did me and my mates love Slade !! and to be fair, things like "coz I luv you" still sound pretty good.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                happy days... 1972.....ten years old...the charts full of T rex, Slade, Bowie, chicory Tip (!!!), roxy Music .Waiting to see what was no 1 on a Tuesday lunchtime, waiting to hear the new slade single (and see how it was spelled), wondering which exact planet people like bolan were from, because I certainly had never seen a real person like him.

Learning to play "look what you Dun" and "son of my Father"on the piano instead of some dreary mozart minuet !!

small boys, jumpers for goalposts............
                                Oh boy did me and my mates love Slade !! and to be fair, things like "coz I luv you" still sound pretty good.
                                Happy days indeed.I have cds of all those in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X