Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Leigh Halfpenny had a wonderful second half for Wales, doing everything right and setting up the crucial try. I think he should be in the starting line-up, possibly at full-back. Was ever a Halfpenny so undervalued?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

There's a lot of unsung heroes who are getting thrashed [sometimes only just thrashed] by the big boys....I raise a glass [only tea at the moment ,but I hope to do better later] to the unsung heroes....
      bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

...the All Blacks looking very good against France, big game for Scotland tomorrow, as the pool fixtures run to an end it all heats up ...

england showed off well enough against the Romanian b side .... a needful reminder about how to score tries using the backs eh ....
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Wondered which message-boarder you were talking about for a moment there. Two or three candidates spring to mind...

Comment

• Anna

Couldn't be bothered to get up to watch England in what was basically a training exercise, had expected their final score to be higher. Balls seemed to be ok, think only 2 missed. Really enjoyed All Blacks v France but thought, towards the end of the first half, France would land up totally decimated, one commentator remarked that they appeared punch drunk but they rallied. Unsure about Scotland, much as I hope not I fear they will not triumph. As Calum says, now it becomes interesting.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

... as a French commentator put it, noting the holes in the French defence - a "défense en gruyère"...

Still - we assume the Frenchies will cope with Tonga : and then the prospect of a juicy crunch between the English and the French...

Comment

• aeolium
                • Nov 2010

A really exciting game between Argentina and Scotland, perhaps the best of the RWC so far, after so many dreary onesided tryfests. I thought Argentina just deserved the win as their forwards were so good. Now it makes England v Scotland a real knock-out game....

Comment

• Anna

It was a good game and I thought that perhaps Scotland would hang on, but the Argentinian try was brilliant - how frustrating to lose by just one point. As you say, EnglandvScotland will be the unmissable one and, hopefully, not a foregone conclusion.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    It was a good game and I thought that perhaps Scotland would hang on, but the Argentinian try was brilliant - how frustrating to lose by just one point. As you say, EnglandvScotland will be the unmissable one and, hopefully, not a foregone conclusion.
                    Very exciting .... it was indeed a great try but he surely should have been tackled.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

well at least three Scottish players tried to do just that gurnemanz and he slipped by them ... which is why it was a brilliant and a deserved match winning score ...

... i also found the second half of the Ireland Russia game exciting and found myself cheering two excellent tries by the Bears ...
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

Wales 81-7 Namibia

All praise to the boyos and to Gatland in particular who clearly put a bomb under them at half-time when they were set in cruise mode. They came out on fire in the second half and put on a furious display.

I did feel a tad sorry for Namibia though .. just a tad

Comment

• Anna

I could only catch some of the second half, evidently it did go severely adrift. Can be problems when so many changes (11) to the team are made and the youngsters go on, but look at Scott Williams, 3 tries and George North did so well, comparing Wales' score to South Africa's when they played Namibia at only 6 points adrift but with one more try they got an excellent result.

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            ... as a French commentator put it, noting the holes in the French defence - a "défense en gruyère"...

Still - we assume the Frenchies will cope with Tonga : and then the prospect of a juicy crunch between the English and the French...

... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Well, in deep shame they limp through to the next stage. They don't deserve to...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                              ... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Well, in deep shame they limp through to the next stage. They don't deserve to...
                              Waaaa les veinards... La honte...
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Sir, please Sir, can Jonny have his No. 4 ball back please?

Interesting, the 2nd drop goal, Nigel Owens, (Welsh) asked for video replay! Good point, well made Nige! (Oh, I assume everyone is watching Scotland v England)

Edit: Just seen on AA Caliban doesn't want any spoilers! OK. Well, England are playing like a team possessed ...........

Comment

Working...
                                X