Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

I thought it was an incredible bit of quick thinking of the young Welsh #8 to hold the ball in such a way that it couldn't be dislodged as he dived....what a
    bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Heading for another rugby weekend - Oh Dear! One banned, one injured and the Captain splashed over the RedTops and drunken dwarf throwing. Not a good advert for the team is it? Or don't people think this really matters? Although I expect the Georgia match will be a doddle, as will their other matches (they got a lucky Pool) but cannot honestly see them progressing very far in the tournament.

Robert Kitson: Martin Johnson's refusal to admit any error in his squad's conduct masks discord among players, coaches and press

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Heading for another rugby weekend - Oh Dear! One banned, one injured and the Captain splashed over the RedTops and drunken dwarf throwing. Not a good advert for the team is it? Or don't people think this really matters? Although I expect the Georgia match will be a doddle, as will their other matches (they got a lucky Pool) but cannot honestly see them progressing very far in the tournament.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...ohnson-england
        ALLEZ LA FRANCE!!!!!

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          ALLEZ LA FRANCE!!!!!

To be honest, I haven't seen any of their matches yet (these early tv transmissions are not user-friendly) but if they're playing well (are they?) I'll give them permission to win

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

To be honest, I haven't seen any of their matches yet (these early tv transmissions are not user-friendly) but if they're playing well (are they?) I'll give them permission to win
            At least they're not chucking dwarves left right and centre....

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              At least they're not chucking dwarves left right and centre....
              The Welsh team have also had their moments. After celebrating Wales's dramatic 2010 Six Nations win over Scotland, Andy Powell was arrested at 6am trying to drive a golf buggy – top speed 20mph – the mile and a half to a service station down the M4 hard shoulder. Everyone thought that was pretty funny but he lost his place in the squad.

Moody is back as Captain and there are 9 changes for England's match tomorrow. The excuse for the over-enthusiastic night out is that they were celebrating a hard-won victory, seemed like a pretty underwhelming victory to me!

Edit: Absolutely brilliant match!!!! Ireland v Australia, heart-stopping last 5 mins, do watch it!! I am quite overcome with emotion!
              Last edited by Guest; 17-09-11, 11:17.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Absolutely brilliant match!!!! Ireland v Australia, heart-stopping last 5 mins, do watch it!!
                yes Anna a quite thrilling victory for Ireland, really stuck it to the Wallabies with "intent and intensity" not pretty but a hard won triumph! One of thoise games where the highlights might not cut it, it was a battle to live through ...
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Edit: Absolutely brilliant match!!!! Ireland v Australia, heart-stopping last 5 mins, do watch it!! I am quite overcome with emotion!

Been doing some emergency work today after Building a Library... which meant that I was at the computer with the match on... caught the last 25 minutes, terrific stuff indeed!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

I think Ireland kept the entire front row on the whole match, they were so dominant....looks like Gordon Darcy has had it, (ham string by the look of it)....O'Brien played a stormer....if kicks had gone over they have had another 12 points....What's wrong with these balls....??
                    bong ching

Comment

• PatrickOD

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                      I think Ireland kept the entire front row on the whole match, they were so dominant....looks like Gordon Darcy has had it, (ham string by the look of it)....O'Brien played a stormer....if kicks had gone over they have had another 12 points....What's wrong with these balls....??
                      8ob, you must have been watching with my wife. How dare you, Sir! Those are nearly her exact words. She added that Wilkinson had had the same problem with the ball. Did you discuus that with her as well? Me? Oh, I was sent to do the shopping. Hmmm.

Comment

• Anna

But is it balls or wind? The balls have been in use for a year including the Six Nations and Tri Nations.

No good getting excited about England's match tomorrow, as I said it'll be a high-scoring walkover. Wilkinson is on the bench and replaced by Flood so no chance to see if his kicking will be as dire as last match. Bit of trivia: The only previous time England and Georgia have met, England ran in 12 tries in an 84-6 victory in the pool stages of the 2003 Rugby World Cup in Perth.

Comment

• Anna

WAY-ELLES WAY-ELLES

We got a result!!!!!!! 17-10 against Samoa

(P.S. What a lovely anthem Georgia has, music taken from the operas "Abesalom da Eteri" and "Daisi" by the composer Zakaria Paliashvili, the founder of Georgian classical music)
                          Last edited by Guest; 18-09-11, 07:18.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Why is Dillon Armitage on the wing ??....I notice that several of the squads [NZ, SA, France are using utility backs on wing....because size of squads means only 3 wingers are taken]....answered my own question....
                            Couldn't be bothered watching England as yet [on digi box] thought it would be an ugly disjointed match....i was right was'nt I ??....Did Banahan get some pitch time??
                            bong ching

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

But is it balls or wind?
                              Wondered which message-boarder you were talking about for a moment there. Two or three candidates spring to mind...

Comment

• Anna

Talking about the 14 penalties England conceded, captain Lewis Moody said: "We made it hard for ourselves. We gave away a lot of penalties and made a lot of mistakes at the breakdown."

But he mustn't let those penalties and mistakes dwarf the fact that they won!

Comment

Working...
                                X