• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Bless! I think the poor little poppet needs a chaperone
    *wrassles past Anna in bid for this role*
    Nah, I don't like pretty boys, all body and no brain - he's all yours Ams!
    Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Confusing but not unpleasing to see the froggies in their white strip...
    And when I turned on the tv this morning - I thought Jonny Wilkinson was suddenly playing for the All Blacks in that strip!!

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

"Rugby World Cup"? Quoi? I know where Rugby is located, I know what the world is and I'd easily recognise a cup, but the three together in immediate succession? Je ne comprends pas.

Ah, well. All I have to do now is wait for the Ladies of Powys to send a volley of short-range ballistic missiles more or less due eastwards...

Comment

• Osborn

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        And when I turned on the tv this morning - I thought Jonny Wilkinson was suddenly playing for the All Blacks in that strip!!
        We'd have a much better chance of winning the cup if he was.

Comment

• Anna

With England wearing an all black strip today some Maoris have asked opposing sides to exact utu (vengeance) for this dreadful deed. Superstitious nonsense! Oh, Wilkinson missed 5 ??? England scraped in by a whisker? Could be something in it ..............

Comment

• Chris Newman
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            I get back to you on this....I'm too mesmerised by three days solid of Mingus....[sorry to the pedants....'by three solid days'....or possibly something else even....there you are I've done it again....what a swine I am with the English language]....
            When I were a lad, my old deputy headmaster told us "It will make you deaf! Do not do it!"

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Oooh Anna! Could you provide a link please? Sounds wonderful

Does the Carwyn programme mention/discuss his being gay?
              Oh it does! Hooray!

That had absolutely nothing to do with his never being the Welsh coach, oh dear me no!

The life story of the renowned sportsman, scholar and politician Carwyn James.

Gwlad beirdd a chantorian enwogion o fri - ond dim hoyw, yn wir

Comment

• Anna

Sorry Ams, I missed your earlier post about Carwyn James but I see you've found the programme. There was a brilliant full length drama-docu about Carwyn on S4C which won a BAFTA, now that really was worth seeing. It's had a couple of repeats since then but not available now, it may well be rolled out again because of the World Cup, I'll alert you if it is

You obviously know about Nigel Owens, the gay Welsh ref who had done a lot of campaigning, there is an article here if you don't. He's really funny, lovely guy and was brilliant when he was a regular on the Jonathan Davies show, (which doesn't seem to be on at the moment)

Comment

• amateur51

Sorry Ams, I missed your earlier post about Carwyn James but I see you've found the programme. There was a brilliant full length drama-docu about Carwyn on S4C which won a BAFTA, now that really was worth seeing. It's had a couple of repeats since then but not available now, it may well be rolled out again because of the World Cup, I'll alert you if it is

You obviously know about Nigel Owens, the gay Welsh ref who had done a lot of campaigning, there is an article here if you don't. He's really funny, lovely guy and was brilliant when he was a regular on the Jonathan Davies show, (which doesn't seem to be on at the moment)
                  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...ts-rugby-union
                  Cheers for this Anna!

Carwyn must've had a dreadful time although I noted his quite challenging reference to being called a 'sissy'. His sister seemed to be a wonderful feisty person, very beady and clearly his number one fan. Nigel Owens seems to have the balance right and players respond well to him, from what I've seen. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Carwyn drama-doc but would appreciate your heads-up too

Comment

• Anna

Ams, you know the joke don't you?

How do you spot a Welshman in a Heineken Cup Final?

He’s the one with the whistle!

Actually Nigel Owens is one of the Refs selected for the Cup. He was also honoured by the Gorsedd of Bards at this year’s National Eisteddfod in recognition of his contribution to the Nation, language and culture (he does a lot of workshops at the Eisteddfod)

Anyone watching the Wales v S.A. match? I think Wales have had a pretty good first half (darn sight better than England yesterday)

Comment

• aeolium
                      • Nov 2010

Surely Hook's second penalty was inside the posts - why was it disallowed?

I feared the worst at the start but Wales have done OK. Would like to see Hook at fly-half though.

Comment

• Anna

To me that second penalty was definitely in but it seems (it's very windy there) that it veered and curled just to the outside right by too much of a smidge. Coverage just resumed and commentators also think it should have been awarded, should be 10-9 !!!

Comment

• scottycelt

<Nigel Owens, the gay Welsh ref .. >

Not another one!!

Is everyone connected with Welsh rugby, gay ... ?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post

Is everyone connected with Welsh rugby, gay ... ?
                            Probably! We'll have no homophobia here in the Valleys, look you! And, of course, as to gay England players there is Ben Cohen ........

Cracking Match!!! Good try by SA but I'd love to have seen Martin Johnson's face when he watched Wales kept their composure and, more importantly, their discipline which is usually their downfall.

We expected to be slaughtered by SA but to finish just one point behind
                            Last edited by Guest; 11-09-11, 11:43.

Comment

• aeolium
                              • Nov 2010

To me that second penalty was definitely in but it seems (it's very windy there) that it veered and curled just to the outside right by too much of a smidge. Coverage just resumed and commentators also think it should have been awarded, should be 10-9 !!!
                              So if they'd had video ref review Wales might have won. They should in any case have won with those two chances at the end, the Hook kick and the Priestland drop goal. Great performance by them, especially the back row, but another 'if only'....

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

magnificent game and well played Wales .... er but they lost .... and the failed drop goal and last Hook attempt cost them the game .... left the Boks with a thought they could skin it and so they did ...

a lot of kicks going astray all round ... not another ball scandal eh?
                                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X