• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Rugby World Cup 2011

...starts soon, a philosophical review with Martin Johnson

"can the All Blacks win it at home?" is the biggest question ....
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

I get back to you on this....I'm too mesmerised by three days solid of Mingus....[sorry to the pedants....'by three solid days'....or possibly something else even....there you are I've done it again....what a swine I am with the English language]....
    bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

careful eighthO that can be very good for you ....
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Anna

BUT, are we able to see any of the matches without bunging Murdoch some money to watch on Sky? Does anyone know if BBC will be carrying highlights and when? Cannot see anything on BBC sports site.

Fascinating documentary last night on Carwyn James and night before an hour long programme on The Lions tour of 1971.

Comment

• aeolium
          • Nov 2010

The Rugby World Cup is all on ITV1 and ITV4, Anna so not yet in the clutches of the Murdochs. I think it's one of the so-called sporting 'Crown Jewels' which have to be kept on terrestrial. How long that will be the case is anyone's guess, given that live cricket has all gone over to Sky.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
            careful eighthO that can be very good for you ....
            ....Mingus and Guiness....a great mix....Breakfast of Champions....
            bong ching

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Does anyone know if BBC will be carrying highlights and when? Cannot see anything on BBC sports site.
              Yes as aeolium says, it's total upheaval for the ITV morning schedules. How glad am I that my new service gives my ITV one HD ?

Perhaps it's time to declare my allegiance: it's Allez les Bleus for me I'm afraid... Perversely I have always preferred to follow the French XV, I think due to family connections in France - plus I prefer their style. And all the hype and hullaballoo (esp. in those days about the oh-so-breakable Jonny Wilkinson) puts me right off and makes me want to support someone different. (Rather like growing up in Nottingham in the Brian Clough glory days, I became a Leeds supporter... )
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• vinteuil
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                it's time to declare my allegiance: it's Allez les Bleus for me I'm afraid... Perversely I have always preferred to follow the French XV, I think ... plus I prefer their style. ]
                well, no other rugby team has anyone quite as pretty as Dimitri Szarzewski...

Comment

• Anna

Yes as aeolium says, it's total upheaval for the ITV morning schedules. How glad am I that my new service gives my ITV one HD ?
                  I didn't have you down as a daytime telly viewer Duckie, have you suddenly become a student or an OAP?
                  Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                  well, no other rugby team has anyone quite as pretty as Dimitri Szarzewski...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

I didn't have you down as a daytime telly viewer Duckie, have you suddenly become a student or an OAP?

http://6f.img.v4.skyrock.net/6f1/yur...5959_small.jpg
                    Pass the sick bag...

Comment

• PatrickOD

I was wondering why my wife says she can't wait for the Rugby to begin! And at her age too! Are you all the same, Anna?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Perhaps it's time to declare my allegiance: it's Allez les Bleus for me I'm afraid... Perversely I have always preferred to follow the French XV, I think due to family connections in France - plus I prefer their style. And all the hype and hullaballoo (esp. in those days about the oh-so-breakable Jonny Wilkinson) puts me right off and makes me want to support someone different. (Rather like growing up in Nottingham in the Brian Clough glory days, I became a Leeds supporter... )
                        Same here - but it does depend on which French team turns up...
                        When they're on form, they're very very good
                        But when they are not, they're JUST AWFUL

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by PatrickOD View Post
                          I was wondering why my wife says she can't wait for the Rugby to begin! And at her age too! Are you all the same, Anna?
                          Patrick, I only posted that because vints said he was pretty! No, I think rugby players should be like this, built like a brick-netty, thighs like tree trunks and fierce!!

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

No, I think rugby players should be like this, built like a brick-netty, thighs like tree trunks and fierce!!
                            ]
                            well, the French also have (had) Sebastien Chabal...

Say "I love you" with Chabal Bear - the perfect gift for any true rugby lover. This Valentine's Day, Love Equals Rugby at puma.com

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Personally, I wish I could watch the Quiddich World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X