X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Come what May, how prescient of the OPoster...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15140742
    I understood from todays News Programme interviews with Cameron and Farsi that the Conservatives intend making this a prime policy differentiation from the Libs in the 2015 General Election - in part I guess appealing to the right wing screaming for the return of a "real" conservative government.

S-A

Comment

• Mahlerei

Strange that May of all people - remember her speech about 'the nasty party' - should have it in for the HRA. It's not the Act that's at fault but the jackass judges who don't always interpret it sensibly. Talk about chucking out the baby with the bath water.

Comment

• Simon

Originally posted by Mahlerei View Post
        Strange that May of all people - remember her speech about 'the nasty party' - should have it in for the HRA. It's not the Act that's at fault but the jackass judges who don't always interpret it sensibly. Talk about chucking out the baby with the bath water.
        You make a fair point. But I still maintain that in the UK it's unnecessary.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

I agree. Can't end soon enough for me.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

......A challenge to all. Name from memory (a) five separate cases in the UK where the HRA was applied and (b) three separate cases in the UK where the HRA was applied in an effective, just and crucial way.

Comment

Working...
            X