• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    I'll check with Michelle!
    Good idea! She sells sea shells by the sea shore.

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
      Good idea! She sells sea shells by the sea shore.
      That's easy for you to say....I understand one of her sisters - Susie - is busy sewing shirts for soldiers, while her other sister - Molly - is busy in the kitchen coddling eggs.
      Last edited by LMcD; 06-04-18, 04:41.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
        That's easy for you to say....I understand one of her sisters - Susie - is busy sewing shirts for soldiers, while her other sister - Molly - is busy in the kitchen coddling eggs.
        .... and milly befriended a stranded star
        whose rays five languid fingers were;

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

Not a joke as such but a radio item I found amusing:

Evidently according to a news report today diver Tom Daley is having hypnotherapy for a fear of clowns. One presenter on Talk Sport replied that clearly Tom Daley never goes anywhere without a clown at his side. Maybe Daley should stop going to circuses! Ha!
          Last edited by Stanfordian; 26-04-18, 19:00.

Comment

• ronidaho
            • Apr 2018

So this man says to me: "Do you believe in ghosts?"

I said, "Of course not, you silly Elizabethan sailor"

Comment

• greenilex
              • Nov 2010

This town is full of Elizabethan sailors all live alive oh

Comment

• Oldcrofter
                • Dec 2010

It's coulrophobia, fear of clowns - but not an official psychiatric term as far as I know (yet ?)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Oldcrofter View Post
                  It's coulrophobia, fear of clowns - but not an official psychiatric term as far as I know (yet ?)
                  So much clownery abounds everywhere one goes these days - from the President of the USA by way of belief system intransigence of the "I'm right whatever you or proven evidence say" type right through to present-day TV advertising - that any fears that are likely to become pretty much universal in the not-too-distant future (if not already) will be considered normal, and therefore not necessitating official psychiatric terminology.

Comment

• LMcD
                    • Sep 2017

What do you get if you add 5Q to 5Q?
                    10Q
                    Don't mention it.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

James Bond is laid off work and is down at the job centre.
                      There are only two jobs available, one in a call centre and the other in a fabric colouring plant.
                      "Huh, " said Bond, "you expect me to talk?"
                      "No Mr Bond," replied the interviewer, "I expect you to dye."

Comment

• Conchis
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2014

The Pope has issued a decree that all Catholic priests should, in future, wear trunks while bathing or showering.

His Holiness feels it is wrong to look down on the unemployed.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
                          The Pope has issued a decree that all Catholic priests should, in future, wear trunks while bathing or showering.

His Holiness feels it is wrong to look down on the unemployed.

Comment

• Lento
                            • Jan 2014

Richard Morrison's review (Times, 30/4/18) of Eugene Onegin (Scottish Opera at Theatre Royal, Glasgow:

"To have Onegin make his first entry, Mr Darcy-like, on a real horse was, in theory, a great idea. Unfortunately, the mighty black steed — displaying impeccable dramatic timing — waited until it reached centre stage, then opened its bowels and ejected what seemed like a tonne of steaming dung on the precise spot where Tatyana was about to write her love letter.

This spectacular eruption produced what must have been the biggest roar of laughter heard in Scotland since Ken Dodd played the Glasgow Empire".

Moved by the occasion? I believe Doddy held it in, though.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lento View Post
                              Richard Morrison's review (Times, 30/4/18) of Eugene Onegin (Scottish Opera at Theatre Royal, Glasgow:

"To have Onegin make his first entry, Mr Darcy-like, on a real horse was, in theory, a great idea. Unfortunately, the mighty black steed — displaying impeccable dramatic timing — waited until it reached centre stage, then opened its bowels and ejected what seemed like a tonne of steaming dung on the precise spot where Tatyana was about to write her love letter.

This spectacular eruption produced what must have been the biggest roar of laughter heard in Scotland since Ken Dodd played the Glasgow Empire".

Moved by the occasion? I believe Doddy held it in, though.
                              During a disastrous production of Aida that Beecham witnessed, on this occasion with an elephant on stage, Sir Thomas remarked --" Disgusting manners, but what a critic!"

Comment

• Triforium
                                • Nov 2010

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing, but mean to say your mother.

Comment

Working...
                                X