Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

In the course of consulting my trusty(and now rather old) Chambers dictionary I was distracted(as often happens ) by another word than the one I was looking up, and it gave me a certain amount of amusement.
    Goop : a fool; a fatuous person. I can only assume that american dictionaries don't contain it so it wasn't ruled out in the Paltrow universe as the name for her wellness enterprise...

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

This comes courtesy of Mark Steele and Paul Merton on 'Room 101' yesterday.
      Man goes to the doctor. 'Doctor, I've got a lettuce stuck up my bum. Anything you can do for me?'
      Doc says, 'Take your breeks off and we'll have a look.'
      So the doctor is fishing around in the guy's back passage and pulls out a few leaves.
      'Is that it?', says the guy.
      Doc replies, 'No! That's just the tip of the iceberg.'

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        This comes courtesy of Mark Steele and Paul Merton on 'Room 101' yesterday.
        Man goes to the doctor. 'Doctor, I've got a lettuce stuck up my bum. Anything you can do for me?'
        Doc says, 'Take your breeks off and we'll have a look.'
        So the doctor is fishing around in the guy's back passage and pulls out a few leaves.
        'Is that it?', says the guy.
        Doc replies, 'No! That's just the tip of the iceberg.'

Characteristic of the more sophisticated brand of S London humour. Another being the Jo Brand.

Comment

Working...
        X