• Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    I'll look out for this edition.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Dangerous in his organising gatherings of those failing to take preventative action against SARS-CoV-2 infection, thus encouraging further cases of CIVID-19 with consequent deaths from/with it. It is quite possible to be both highly intelligent and severely delusional. More and more home-printed stickers promoting the ideas he pushes have been appearing in the area in which I live. The ideas they promote encourage activity that is likely to feed the pandemic.

Comment

• LHC
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Dangerous in his organising gatherings of those failing to take preventative action against SARS-CoV-2 infection, thus encouraging further cases of CIVID-19 with consequent deaths from/with it. It is quite possible to be both highly intelligent and severely delusional. More and more home-printed stickers promoting the ideas he pushes have been appearing in the area in which I live. The ideas they promote encourage activity that is likely to feed the pandemic.
        His misappropriation of images of the entrance to Auschwitz to promote his vaccine scepticism is also particularly disgusting, especially when he distributes those leaflets in areas with a large Jewish population.
        "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
        Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LHC View Post
          His misappropriation of images of the entrance to Auschwitz to promote his vaccine scepticism is also particularly disgusting, especially when he distributes those leaflets in areas with a large Jewish population.
          That chimes with the similar misappropriation of White Rose by these behind the stickers I mentioned.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Stuart and Tam on BBC Radio Scotland's petty and ill-informed footie show, 'Off the Ball', were celebrating libraries today.
            Guy walks into a library and says, 'Do you have any books on paranoia?' Librarian says, 'They're right behind you.'

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

The tempestuous marriage between our dentist and his wife, a manicurist, is over. Apparently they just fought tooth and nail.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                The tempestuous marriage between our dentist and his wife, a manicurist, is over. Apparently they just fought tooth and nail.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Guy goes into a library and says, 'Robert Burns - the Complete Works!'
                  Librarian says, 'Sorry, Mr Burns, but I think you'll find the massage parlour is next door.'

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                    No doubt it concluding in court with a real nail-biting settlement.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      No doubt it concluding in court with a real nail-biting settlement.
                      That might plaquate things, cloughie!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

The Ringmaster called all the members of the Travelling Circus into the Big Top. 'As you know the pandemic has been really bad for business. We've not been able to perform for a year and we are running out of money. Things are getting really serious. In fact, I'm going to make some of you redundant. This is not easy for me, but actually I'm going to have to make most of you redundant. I'm only able to keep two of you on...the strongman and the knife thrower!'

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

I used to think reality lay in description, but since studying semiology I'm not Saussure.

Comment

• LMcD
                            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            I used to think reality lay in description, but since studying semiology I'm not Saussure.
                            Excellent!

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Comment

• vinteuil
                                • Nov 2010

... not a joke as such, but a wry smile at the elegant turn of phrase at the end of the obituary for Idriss Déby, long time autocrat president of Chad -

"He was killed in fighting on 20 April 2021, aged 68. On the day before his death Déby won a sixth term of office. He was clearly intent on being president for life and he achieved his wish."

Comment

Working...
                                X