• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
    Well, I didn’t know that!
    The only number without a quick division is 7. Annoying.
    It’s usually 1 2 4 in Killer sudoku!

Comment

• LezLee
      • Apr 2019

Morrisons’ supermarkets have now added Ramadan food baskets to their deliveries. One wag wondered if they are empty?

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
        Morrisons’ supermarkets have now added Ramadan food baskets to their deliveries. One wag wondered if they are empty?
        Not a very clued up 'wag', in that case. The evening meal, iftar, normally social, is often something of a feast.

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Not a very clued up 'wag', in that case. The evening meal, iftar, normally social, is often something of a feast.
          Isn't it a feature of wags not to be that clued up? Intelligence isn't necessarily high on the list of desirables for the position...

Comment

• LHC
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            I was in Istanbul during Ramadan a few years ago, and I remember seeing with some amusement MacDonalds adverts invite people to break the fast with their 'Ramadan Burger'.
            "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
            Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Comment

• gradus
                • Nov 2010

Cracker!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LHC View Post
                  I was in Istanbul during Ramadan a few years ago, and I remember seeing with some amusement MacDonalds adverts invite people to break the fast with their 'Ramadan Burger'.
                  Macdonalds always have one eye on their prophets.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

As do the well-known fast-food chain McDonalds. Picky, I know, but I think one should get the name right when attacking somebody.
                      (I used to be a proof-reader and old habbits dye hard).

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                        As do the well-known fast-food chain McDonalds. Picky, I know, but I think one should get the name right when attacking somebody.
                        (I used to be a proof-reader and old habbits dye hard).
                        I also used to be a proofreader for a while . House style did for any cares that I have in that regard !!

Not that I was attacking them anyway........
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

I also used to be a proofreader for a while . House style did for any cares that I have in that regard !!

Not that I was attacking them anyway........
                          When I was young, people automatically assumed that mu surname was MacDonald/Macdonald, and I had to correct them - politely of course! Now the boot's on the other foot, I suspect, and the assumption is that the 'golden arches' version now causes problems for people who share their surname with the first Labour prime minister (although he was born James McDonald Ramsay!)

Comment

• Vox Humana
                            • Dec 2012

I thought the food chain was MuckDonald's.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                              When I was young, people automatically assumed that mu surname was MacDonald/Macdonald, and I had to correct them - politely of course! Now the boot's on the other foot, I suspect, and the assumption is that the 'golden arches' version now causes problems for people who share their surname with the first Labour prime minister (although he was born James McDonald Ramsay!)
                              As it goes, I am in part of Isle of Skye Clan Donald heritage . Although my family have in recent memory spelled it Macdonald, as far as I am aware.

If you haven’t ever been there , the Clan Donald centre lodges at Armadale are a really lovely place to stay. And you can get there in just a couple of days from most places in England.......

Comment

• Vox Humana
                                • Dec 2012

THE RANDY RAINBOW SHOWExecutive Producer: RANDY RAINBOWStarring: RANDY RAINBOWWritten, Directed & Edited by: RANDY RAINBOWProducers: JOHN RETSIOS JEFF ...

Comment

Working...
                                X