• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parry1912
    • Nov 2010

I asked at the chemist “What kills Coronavirus?”
    “Ammonia cleaner”
    “Sorry,” I said “I thought you were the pharmacist.”

I hear that all the people arriving at John Lennon Airport are being put in isolation.
    Imagine! All the people.
    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• LHC
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      "The reason the Tories don't invest in education is because they depend upon a certain level of ignorance for their support" - Steve Coogan.
      I believe he said that on TV a couple of days before the election, which begs the question why working-class people in Northern cities still voted Tory after all those Labour supporting celebrities had carefully explained to them that they were stupid racists.
      "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
      Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LHC View Post
        I believe he said that on TV a couple of days before the election, which begs the question why working-class people in Northern cities still voted Tory after all those Labour supporting celebrities had carefully explained to them that they were stupid racists.
        I'd really need to have chapter and verse on those careful explanations, never ever having heard any celebrity make any such claim. There were plenty of careless racism and accusations of such on Twitter, Facebook etc., as one would expect, but how is one not to know that the former were just trolls trying their best to impugn by false attribution?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

***URGENT RECALL***

Supermarkets are currently recalling toilet
          paper as the cardboard roll inserts are
          imported from China and there are strong
          fears the cardboard has been contaminated
          with the coronovirus.

The most recent purchases are deemed
          most likely to be contaminated.

If you have recently bought bulk supplies you
          are now at risk... return that toilet paper and
          apply deep heat directly to your anus to kill
          any infection - don't wait till it's too late.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

For some reason the current advice about the risk of infection from cash handling made me think of money laundering...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
              For some reason the current advice about the risk of infection from cash handling made me think of money laundering...
              Oh very good!!!

Please take note..... or not...

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                Which is why uz yorkies are always likely to survive.

Comment

• Segilla
                  • Nov 2010

I heard Max Miller telling this clean joke in the 1940s / 50s. Maybe it's well-known.

Jim joined a ship as the ship's boy and was told by the captain to go on board that night to keep watch and if he saw any lights he was to run down below to report it to the captain.

After a while Jim saw a light and reported it, but the captain dismissively said "I saw that light half an hour ago", and so Jim resumed watch. Then he saw another light and ran to tell the captain but was again told by the captain that he had seen the light half an hour ago.

The third time the lad ran to report a light the captain was perplexed. "What light was that; I didn't see it", and the lad retorted, "Daylight; and I bet you didn't see that half an hour ago!".

Comment

• Segilla
                    • Nov 2010

On more than one occasion a fiver or tenner. carelessly tucked into my shirt pocket has been in the washing machine - and come to no harm.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                      • Jan 2019

Yes,I’m working from home today
                      “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got syphilis, when it's penicillin.

(stolen from Phil Hammond)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

On the lunchtime news it was announced that the BBC will be broadcasting a virtual church service on this coming Sunday.

Comment

• Padraig
                            • Feb 2013

The chairman of the local Dyslexia Association on being awarded an OBE said, 'Unfortunately, I don't know how to play it.'

Comment

• LMcD
                              • Sep 2017

French supermarkets look like a bomb site. The only thing left is de brie.
                              Greece supermarkets are running low on hummus and taramasalata, leading to fears of a double-dip recession.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                                • Apr 2007

I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Working...
                                X