X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Weird sense of humour those grauniad people have.
    If those are the best jokes then most of the people involved should stick to the day job.
    They're all at about my level of inspiration while shopping at St Sprees on an average day. The difference is the only career I do it for is through the door as quick as poss.

Thing is, if you're observant - like me - you'll see something in everyday life, at least one thing, that is funny, or at least smileworthy.

I did consider starting a thread on this - what did you see that tickled you today? - then decided it might spoil people's fun on here.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

sa

I did at least smile inwardly for a few seconds at your St Sprees story, though it didn't crack me up.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        sa

I did at least smile inwardly for a few seconds at your St Sprees story, though it didn't crack me up.

The number of times I've read something in a message on this forum which has left me doubled up with laughter, only to come back later to find that no follow-on poster has managed to see the funny side.....!

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

Q: at a 4 way intersection, if 4 vehicles arrive simultaneously, which has the right of way?
          A: the pickup truck with the gun rack and the bumper sticker which states "guns don't kill people. I do."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
            Q: at a 4 way intersection, if 4 vehicles arrive simultaneously, which has the right of way?
            A: the pickup truck with the gun rack and the bumper sticker which states "guns don't kill people. I do."
            I thought you were going to say: the cat!

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
              • Nov 2010

My sincerest apologies, FH.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
                My sincerest apologies, FH.
                Thank you. As you have removed it, I've removed my response.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

In California they have turn outs on the roads down mountains, such as in Yosemite and Kings Canyon. There is a rule that if there are vehicles queuing behind that the front vehicle should turn off into an available turn out. For a long while I was driven into these by pickup drivers, but one day, after months of practice I managed to drive a pickup off into the turn out! Great feeling - at least for a while!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

An amateur magician accidentally turns his wife into a settee and his two kids into armchairs. He starts to panic. He tries every trick in book but none work so, in desperation, he decides to take them to hospital.

Once at casualty, the magician spends a sleepless night while the medical staff run numerous tests on the unfortunate woman and children.

Finally, the head doctor comes out into the corridor to speak to the magician.

"How are my family?" he asks worriedly, "are they alright?"

The doctor replies, "they're comfortable..."

Comment

• charles t
                      • Nov 2010

Richard: Did you hear about the lady who was 'accosted' on Chicago - and - thought it was Grand?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        An amateur magician accidentally turns his wife into a settee and his two kids into armchairs. He starts to panic. He tries every trick in book but none work so, in desperation, he decides to take them to hospital.

Once at casualty, the magician spends a sleepless night while the medical staff run numerous tests on the unfortunate woman and children.

Finally, the head doctor comes out into the corridor to speak to the magician.

"How are my family?" he asks worriedly, "are they alright?"

The doctor replies, "they're comfortable..."
                        Lorry driver picks up a hitchhiker.

"I'm a witch", she tells him, putting a hand on his thigh.

He immediately turned into a lay-by.

Comment

• mercia
                          • Nov 2010

"I just deleted all the German names off my phone. It's Hans free"

A pun by comedian Darren Walsh scoops the prize for funniest joke of the Edinburgh Fringe.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

You beat me to it, mercs!

There was a couple of others in the running that made me smile

"What's the difference between a 'hippo' and a 'Zippo'? One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter"

"Clowns divorce. Custardy battle"
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              You beat me to it, mercs!

There was a couple of others in the running that made me smile

"What's the difference between a 'hippo' and a 'Zippo'? One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter"

"Clowns divorce. Custardy battle"
                              But, what about Hippolyte?

(I have to acknowledge my source as being a posting from doversoul on another thread, for prompting this particular non-association).

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                                But, what about Hippolyte?

(I have to acknowledge my source as being a posting from doversoul on another thread, for prompting this particular non-association).
                                Yeah, and what about a lesson in hip-ology? (This one comes courtesy of Buckley and Marx - quality!)*

*Sorry, I know it's not a current favourite joke but it seemed to follow on nicely from S_A's post.

Comment

Working...
                                X