• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Did he get his spurs along the way?
    Wolves certainly showed them a thing (or three) at the weekend.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Courtesy of 'Sorry I haven't a Clue' the other night - 'In case you ever wondered why pyramids are the shape they are it is largely due to the influence of the Ancient Egyptian King, Pharaoh Rocher.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

......just adding a bit of sinister atmosphere : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvdO3l4_P8
        bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          ......just adding a bit of sinister atmosphere : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvdO3l4_P8
          So that's who Mike Hugg nicked his singing style from! Dr John's a good piano player, too!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Sainsbury's Dog Kennel Hill branch have joined the rest of chain in now charging for trolley usage. It's been in operation for a few weeks now, but clearly some regulars haven't known about the change, one young mum clearly fretting about it this afternoon. "You just need a £1 coin to put in the slot!" I told her; "But I never carry change these days" she replied. "Have this", I said proffering a £1 coin, "don't worry, it won't break the bank" "Oh thank you you're so kind" she replied, "but I don't think we'll be needing it this time". Her small daughter, aged about five, had been tugging vigorously at the line of chained up trolleys, the end one of which she had managed to detach by sheer physical strength! "I'd keep her, if I was you", I told her mum, "she will come in useful to you!"

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              Courtesy of 'Sorry I haven't a Clue' the other night - 'In case you ever wondered why pyramids are the shape they are it is largely due to the influence of the Ancient Egyptian King, Pharaoh Rocher.
              Thank you John: I hadn't spotted that ISIHAC was back on: a real cracker of a show: I laughed a lot.

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

Thank you John: I hadn't spotted that ISIHAC was back on: a real cracker of a show: I laughed a lot.
                Another great gag from Jack Dee this evening: 'Vaughan Williams caught a really bad cold but couldn't find a hanky anywhere, so he created a fantasia on green sleeves'.

Comment

• LMcD
                  • Sep 2017

(From last night's HIGNFY)
                  'At the recent Downing Street breakfast, the sources closest to the PM were ketchup and HP'.

Comment

• hmvman
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

Another great gag from Jack Dee this evening: 'Vaughan Williams caught a really bad cold but couldn't find a hanky anywhere, so he created a fantasia on green sleeves'.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

(From last night's HIGNFY)
                      'At the recent Downing Street breakfast, the sources closest to the PM were ketchup and HP'.
                      It was a tremendous edition wasn't it! The trouble for me is that some of the best quips of that programme are too quick to catch and get lost on me. Today's Dead Ringers was exceptionally inspired, too. How these comedy geniuses manage to get real humour out of present day realities, and often on same day notice, is really remarkable.

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

It was a tremendous edition wasn't it! The trouble for me is that some of the best quips of that programme are too quick to catch and get lost on me. Today's Dead Ringers was exceptionally inspired, too. How these comedy geniuses manage to get real humour out of present day realities, and often on same day notice, is really remarkable.
                        I've reached the stage where I need sub-titles more often than not, so on HIGNFY I get all the jokes, albeit a bit later than the audience.

Comment

• Pianorak
                          • Nov 2010

I've reached the stage where I need sub-titles more often than not, so on HIGNFY I get all the jokes, albeit a bit later than the audience.
                          So glad to see I'm not the only one!
                          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Globaltruth
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Nowadays not many children are called Lance. In the olden days children were called Lance a lot.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                              Nowadays not many children are called Lance. In the olden days children were called Lance a lot.
                              There was a spike in the numbers back then, Global.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post

There was a spike in the numbers back then, Global.
                                Joust extraordinary!

Comment

Working...
                                X