X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • austin
    • Oct 2024

Shostakovich

I thought some of you might enjoy this performance of the "Concerto No 1 for Piano and Trumpet".

A rare and extensive selection of concerts, operas, ballets, documentaries and master classes. Exclusive events streamed live on medici.tv, available afterwards on replay.

Also, as a long time user of Total Recorder, I have just been made aware that the new Beta version of Audacity will also record, and it's free!
  • amateur51

That Shostakovich is Liszt on that link, austin

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

No, it's not - but what austin didn't tell us is that it begins at 21'00", just after the Liszt E flat concerto has ended.

Comment

• johnb
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by austin View Post
          Also, as a long time user of Total Recorder, I have just been made aware that the new Beta version of Audacity will also record, and it's free!
          What will Audacity record though?

There is quite a difference between Total Recorder capturing the digital output of the software (as it can do with Windows XP, using the "Total Recorder" driver) or from the digital output of Windows Mixer (as it does with Windows 7) and capturing the analogue output of the soundboard and then re-converting it to digital (as Audacity might well do).

(Sorry for repeating myself.)

PS The bad effects of Windows Mixer can be minimised in Windows 7 by setting the "Default Format" to the same as the original format (44.1/16 for iPlayer) so that it doesn't resample, turning off Windows Sounds, setting Communications to "Do nothing" and setting "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" (though not all applications will take advantage of that).

PPS When using Total Recorder or any other similar software with iPlayer - set the iPlayer volume to maximum.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
            No, it's not - but what austin didn't tell us is that it begins at 21'00", just after the Liszt E flat concerto has ended.
            Sorry!

Telepathy not switched on!

Comment

• austin

My apologies for omitting the timing. The concert should have started with a piece by Tchaikovsky as well but that was missing when I looked.

Comment

• austin

Thank you for that, johnb. I have Windows XP and have always found Total Recorder to be excellent. I hadn't realised that Audacity worked in the way that you describe but I thought that perhaps members of the forum who didn't have TR might like to know that it is possible to record either live or from iPlayer using the new version of Audacity.

Comment

Working...
                X