X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Thank you, BBCiPlayer

Having hugely enjoyed listening to M.J. Pires playing Schumann's Faschingsschwank aus Wien on R3 yesterday morning (Classical Collection) as well as listened to the Lebrecht Interview with Monica Mason in the evening, I thought I indulge myself with a second helping today courtesy of BBCiPlayer.

Pires, who wouldn't know how to produce an ugly note, does not disappoint. What freedom and imagination, which makes the Richter and Barenboim recordings sound positively dull and pedestrian.

Never having seen Monica Mason dance and only vaguely aware of her current role at the Royal Ballet, I was totally captivated by the story this interesting and articulate lady had to relate. Let's hope that once she relinquishes her present job she'll find the time to put pen to paper.

Not quite sure why In Living Memory - Jolyon Jenkins meets former members of the Portsmouth Sinfonia - was on R4 at 11am today, rather than on R3.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)
  • Norfolk Born

A documentary on the Portsmouth Sinfonia is a bit specialized for Radio 3, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
    X