X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

Settling Old Scores

I'm winding down, which involves giving stuff away.

Corelli Op 6 No 8
    Vivaldi Op 3 No 8
    Mozart Clarinet Quintet
    Mozart Quartet G major K 387
    Beethoven Symphony No1 Philharmonia Edition
    Schubert Symphony No 8
    Grieg Piano Concerto
    Schoenberg Op16 Five Pieces for Orchestra
    Schoenberg Op 21 Pierrot Lunaire Universal Edition

All others Edition Eulenburg

One request received and dealt with. Thank you.
    Last edited by Padraig; 16-04-22, 13:36.
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
    I'm winding down, which involves giving stuff away.
    My previous post on this thread involved finding a home for unwanted scores. I am now seeking to rehouse unwanted CDs, of which I have far too many. A good number will be dumped after friends have sorted through them, or given to local charity outlets. I have a number of 'box sets', some of which may be of interest to members (a daring assumption on my part).

One of them is The Schoenberg Ensemble Edition: A century of music in perspective. It comes with 25 cds and dvds and an impressive booklet. I tried but failed to take to the set. I hope someone new will find a delight in this set that I did not.

If anyone would like to acquire this, my usual terms are:

* free gift to first asker;
    * postage paid by sender;
    * request by PM, with a forwarding address in confidence of course;
    * if desired, a donation made to The Open University.

I hope this is clearly expressed.

Padraig

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

My previous post on this thread involved finding a home for unwanted scores. I am now seeking to rehouse unwanted CDs, of which I have far too many. A good number will be dumped after friends have sorted through them, or given to local charity outlets. I have a number of 'box sets', some of which may be of interest to members (a daring assumption on my part).

One of them is The Schoenberg Ensemble Edition: A century of music in perspective. It comes with 25 cds and dvds and an impressive booklet. I tried but failed to take to the set. I hope someone new will find a delight in this set that I did not.

Padraig
      That set is a wonder. I'm sure it could command a very considerable price if put up for sale in the right manner. I think it has the only surround SACD of Gruppen (short measure as that SACD is in terms of duration). I would be very reluctant to part with mine.

Comment

• Padraig
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        That set is a wonder. I'm sure it could command a very considerable price if put up for sale in the right manner. I think it has the only surround SACD of Gruppen (short measure as that SACD is in terms of duration). I would be very reluctant to part with mine.
        Bryn, I sort of guessed this would be something you would endorse! I found myself well in over my head, and I suspect there might be more like me than like you. Could you not imagine you were parting with yours, and encourage water testers to come on in?
        I can't help it that a possible monetary value could now be an added attraction, but that does not change my stated intention to give it away.

Comment

• Padraig
          • Feb 2013

Padraig
          A firm request has been made and the offer is now closed. Thank you to those who replied.

Padraig.

Comment

• Padraig
            • Feb 2013

New Offer.

Bach and Handel Organ Music.

1 Bach Organ Works 10 CD set Helmut Walcha
            2 Handel Complete Organ Concertos 3 CD set Simon Preston English Concert Trevor Pinnock

If one is chosen the other goes too.

Usual terms apply.

Comment

• Padraig
              • Feb 2013

New Offer.
              No takers for that one. Thanks anyway for looking.

I think I'll just put up the shutters now.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                • Nov 2010

I’m humbled by the generosity of Padraig. I’m ashamed to say that the title of the thread, while undoubtedly witty, didn’t quite convey its purpose and I - vacuously - thought that it was some kind of revenge-fest. Which simply goes to show how thick I am. So, please don’t, “put up the shutters”, - well, maybe not quite yet.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                  Host
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                  I’m humbled by the generosity of Padraig. I’m ashamed to say that the title of the thread, while undoubtedly witty, didn’t quite convey its purpose and I - vacuously - thought that it was some kind of revenge-fest. Which simply goes to show how thick I am. So, please don’t, “put up the shutters”, - well, maybe not quite yet.
                  Me too.
                  I've just mentioned these organ CDs to the mother of a local lad hoping to aim for an Oxbridge organ scholarship in a couple of years' time, but she told me that he's part of the streaming generation, and doesn't own a CD player (though he does have a record player).
                  She was grateful that I'd thought of him, though.

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

My previous post on this thread involved finding a home for unwanted scores.

.... my usual terms are:

I note the comment in a more recent post to "putting the shutters up", with some hoping that perhaps you wouldn't.

To clarify though, I think your terms might be incorrect - don't you actually mean:

* postage paid by requester;

or are your terms even more generous than I had imagined?

Comment

• crb11
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                      I note the comment in a more recent post to "putting the shutters up", with some hoping that perhaps you wouldn't.

To clarify though, I think your terms might be incorrect - don't you actually mean:

* postage paid by requester;

or are your terms even more generous than I had imagined?
                      No, as the grateful recipient, I can confirm Padraig meant what he said. I'd assumed I was paying the postage too until corrected, but I'll add an equivalent amount onto my donation.

Comment

• Padraig
                        • Feb 2013

I confirm that I am shutting up shop. crb11 made a request just after I had decided, so I gave them the items.

One item that was never going leave me was a piece by Bach that I listened to again as I was rummaging for stuff to give away. An old CD which replaced an even older LP popped up, and here is the piece:

Comment

Working...
                        X