X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon
    • Sep 2024

Whew!

Has to be seen to be believed. Well done Derbyshire Constabulary - who usually don't have much to do except chase sheep from moorland roads.

Admirable restraint at the end too - I'd have found some excuse to tazer the b******d after putting so many lives at risk.
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Yawn

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      http://uk.autoblog.com/2011/08/18/th...1_lnk2%7C74718

Has to be seen to be believed. Well done Derbyshire Constabulary - who usually don't have much to do except chase sheep from moorland roads.

Admirable restraint at the end too - I'd have found some excuse to tazer the b******d after putting so many lives at risk.
      What do you mean by "found", Simon? "Invented"? And does it not occur to you not only that the purchase, administrative and running costs, insurance., etc. of any weapons used by police or armed services personnel are funded by taxpayers but also that the weapons themselves are as much at risk as anything else of being stolen and used by criminals (and that criminals might also, for that matter, obtain them from other sources without stealing them?)...

Ah, well - where would our great nation be without a few trigger-happy people such as you?! "Vengeance is mine!", saith the Lord. "No it's not - it's MINE!", retorteth Simon...

Anyway, to return to the matter in hand. The article that you post refers to a police officer holding a taser to the criminal's head, not actually firing it.

Furthermore, on the basis of some of the more absurdly inappropriate sentences meted out recently to rioters, this fellow ought to have gotten 10 years minimum and a life driving ban (though it's clear who would fund that, of course); that said, it might still reasonably be argued that the punishment delivered to him was insufficiently harsh by any standards, not just those of certain knee-jerk post-riots sentencing. The risk of undermining public confidence in the judiciary can work both ways - i.e. as a consequence of punishments that are too lenient as well as others that are too harsh.

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

According to the report he was chased not because he failed to stop for the police. So in a way it could be said that the police were the cause of the dangerous drive on the wrong side of the motorway. & it doesn't say why the police wanted him to stop in the first place.

Oh, & there was a recent report that someone died after being fired at by a tazer (by the police) in his house. THey aren't 'harmless'.

But, as I said before, 'yawn'.

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

16 months !? You get more than that for not paying your car fines! He was endangering life- doesnt that count for anything?

On the opposite side of things, I dont think Police should have Tasers. Especially when they use them for no adequate reason. I dont trust them. Especially the hot headed young police. They should only use them if a criminal is pointing a gun at someone.
          But they shouldnt have Tasers anyway.

Erm... thats it.

3VS

Comment

Working...
          X