X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Does anyone use thread tools?

I just noticed on another site which also uses vbulletin that there is a feature called Thread Tools, which allows one to subscribe to a particular thread of interest.

I've been using this site (and the other one) for years and never noticed before. Does anyone use that feature, and is it helpful - which I suspect it might be?
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    I just noticed on another site which also uses vbulletin that there is a feature called Thread Tools, which allows one to subscribe to a particular thread of interest.

I've been using this site (and the other one) for years and never noticed before. Does anyone use that feature, and is it helpful - which I suspect it might be?
    We do have Thread Tools. At the top of every page showing (like as you're reading this) there's a grey menu band including Thread Tools. It has three options, including Subscribe to this Thread. I've never used it.

I thought you could also subscribe from somewhere in your own settings, but it looks as if it just shows which ones you've subscribed to (in my case none). I think the software sends an email to notify you of an update, but I can't see that it would be very helpful to people who log in frequently and are interested in many threads, as well as any new ones that appear. The What's New? view seems adequate.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
    X