X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Cancelling subscriptions

I've started the ball rolling re cancelling subscriptions.

I really don't like subscription models - particularly the ones which lure one into a cheap offer, and then start to wack prices up massively after a while.
    I still have some subscriptions - for example with newspapers like the NY Times and the Washington Post - which I took out when I was particularly interested in the last US election.
    To be fair the material provided is mostly very good - but there is an enormous amount of it.

Sometimes subscriptions don't get cancelled properly - or customer service isn't very good. It looks as though somehow Medici.tv still has managed to get me on to yet another subscription.
    I wouldn't mind if the service worked properly - but over several years I have been disappointed with the glitches in transmission - even though we generally have good broadband with high data rates.

So - I'm posting this as a reminder to anyone else that if they have any online subscriptions for things they no longer need - now might be a good time to cancel - or at least review what offers you currently have.

Of course often while cancelling another offer will be presented - I have just been offered one which was only £4 per month - but then a quick calculation - I can still do arithmetic - suggested that was still £48 or £52 (either 4 weeks or per month...) which I could save and spend on other things. I declined.

Now to do some others which I hardly ever use.

Sometimes cancelling is quite hard - often the pages or telephone numbers to use to cancel are well hidden - though for the one I just did I typed in "cancel my X subscription" and a very clear page came straight up, and hopefully that has now worked.
Working...
X