Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

I did always like the BBC2 programme-introducing logos, such as the poor bumble bee flying into the overhead heater, making it explode. They were brought back by popular demand a few years ago.

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by LHC View Post
      The BBC tab bar now uses 'IPlayer' for all TV services and 'Sounds' for all radio services. You can still access the radio 3 pages from 'Sounds' and the TV schedules from 'IPlayer'. It has been this way for quite some time now, and is nothing to do with the latest completely redundant logo revisions. You probably didn't notice before as you don't use the BBC website regularly.
      True - and if I did stray there I wouldn't click on either of those since I don't use them so wouldn't think of them as being the route to the info I might want...

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LHC View Post
        The BBC tab bar now uses 'IPlayer' for all TV services and 'Sounds' for all radio services. You can still access the radio 3 pages from 'Sounds' and the TV schedules from 'IPlayer'. It has been this way for quite some time now, and is nothing to do with the latest completely redundant logo revisions. You probably didn't notice before as you don't use the BBC website regularly.
        One curious aspect of the division between iPlayer and Sounds is that while accessing television programmes requires a television licence, accessing radio programmes does not, yet Sounds, nevertheless, requires a login to listen 'live'. Saving programmes from either iPlayer or Sounds with get_iplayer requires no login, though one still needs to be in the UK or to use compatible proxy provision if not. As to the new logo designs, what an outrageous misuse of the licence fee.

Comment

Working...
        X