X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Quarky View Post
    Yes I think that the C5 was an absolute disaster, and did severe damage to his reputation. It didn't work on several fronts, in particular road safety. I was driving down Finchley Road a little while ago, there was a Recumbent Bicycle (similar height to the C5) in the left hand lane. It just couldn't be seen when close up, side on, or in my wing mirror - a coffin on wheels!
    The models in the advert that ff posted certainly didn't look very comfortable looking - they gave the impression of people you see on scary fairground rides clinging on desperately.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Indeed, the PC-1210. Ah, good old RPN. Funnily enough, I attended and recorded a concert by Richard Teitelbaum at the Almeida Theatre in1983 at which he played, among other triple piano works, his Reverse Polish Notation, which used the Chopin Revolutionary Etude op 10 no 12 as its base material. "triple piano"? Indeed, he played at the keyboard of one while a multi-solenoid device from the Marantz stable read the keys he played and the velocity of his attack. The results were then processed and relayed to the other two pianos which were fitted with a modern analogue of a player-piano mechanism, also from the Marantz stable. Sadly, following house moves, I have been unable to locate the recording and I don't think he ever made a commercial recording of the work. Great title for a piece based on Chopin and using computer processing, though.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
        Host
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Indeed, the PC-1210. Ah, good old RPN. Funnily enough, I attended and recorded a concert by Richard Teitelbaum at the Almeida Theatre in1983 at which he played, among other triple piano works, his Reverse Polish Notation, which used the Chopin Revolutionary Etude op 10 no 12 as its base material. "triple piano"? Indeed, he played at the keyboard of one while a multi-solenoid device from the Marantz stable read the keys he played and the velocity of his attack. The results were then processed and relayed to the other two pianos which were fitted with a modern analogue of a player-piano mechanism, also from the Marantz stable. Sadly, following house moves, I have been unable to locate the recording and I don't think he ever made a commercial recording of the work. Great title for a piece based on Chopin and using computer processing, though.
        What a clever title and thanks for the explanation, fascinating.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
          What a clever title and thanks for the explanation, fascinating.
          Correction, the Sharp model had/have was/is the 1211, not the 1210.

Comment

Working...
          X