X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Shelf companions

Having just played a Busoni CD, I spotted Buxtehude nestling there as his shelf neighbour and found their juxtaposition quite appealing. I'm sure they would have enjoyed some stimulating keyboard-based chat.
  • Bella Kemp
    • Aug 2014

Beethoven and Berlioz would have probably got along in a temperamental sort of way, but perhaps not Brahms and Britten.

Comment

• Padraig
      • Feb 2013

Cheek by jowl, for emergency, I have Brilliant Bach Edition and Armstrong Hot Fives and Sevens. That's about the height of it. Do they talk to each other? They never shut up!

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Whimsically, I've often wondered whether Zelenka and Zemlinsky would have grumbled together about always coming last in the alphabet.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
          Beethoven and Berlioz would have probably got along in a temperamental sort of way, but perhaps not Brahms and Britten.
          But put your Berio between the first two or maybe add Bruckner to the other two would they change from fantastic and simple.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
            Havergal Brian and Frank Bridge keep them some 20cm apart on my shelves which seems to work well enough! I'm sure BB is delighted to be cuddled up next to his beloved teacher, but am less certain about his attitude, if any, to HB. Does anyone know?

Come to think of it, BB might not be too happy with Bruch the other side of him
            I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Bella Kemp
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              But put your Berio between the first two or maybe add Bruckner to the other two would they change from fantastic and simple.
              I tried to think of something clever to say using the words heroic and tragic, but gave up!

Comment

Working...
              X