X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

New postings - is there a glitch?

Normally, the first thing I do when logging on here is to look through any new postings which have been made since I closed down the previous night. However, this morning I found a message on the usual page saying "Sorry, no new postings". I then turned to the main board to discover numerous posts which had been made. Is there a glitch?

S-A
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Morning S_A They are there now, even this one.

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

I think there is a 'logic' to the list but I'm never too sure exactly what it is. Sometimes I have been surprised to find there have been 'no new messages' since I last looked, usually when I've returned after turning off the computer, but this notification is usually followed by a link to all posts from the past 24 hours. If there was a temporary glitch, it usually clears itself.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Saly - Yesterday, for the first time, I ticked the box marked "Remember me on this computer", so as to ensure I would no longer have to log on every time I access the board. Previously I have preferred logging on only after checking to see if there was anything worth responding to, and then all new postings since previously logging off have appeared, making it easier by not having to go through every forum subject-by-subject. If that has anything to do with it, I might just revert.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          I think there is a 'logic' to the list but I'm never too sure exactly what it is. Sometimes I have been surprised to find there have been 'no new messages' since I last looked, usually when I've returned after turning off the computer, but this notification is usually followed by a link to all posts from the past 24 hours. If there was a temporary glitch, it usually clears itself.
          Thanks ff - the new postings now coming up are just the ones that have appeared since I logged on at 9.30. I'll try the other way tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X